• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 rcmedia

rcmedia

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 04:22 PM

I just noticed that Google has finally updated PageRank!

It's about time.

#2 Guest_eitemiller_*

Guest_eitemiller_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2004 - 05:18 PM

Yep - looks like quarterly updates from now on. Wonder why they had such a big crawl right before the update...

#3 sonic10

sonic10

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:07 PM

For those that know the pattern google typically follows what is the order?

Pr Update --> Serps
Serps --> Pr

Thanks

#4 Tim

Tim

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3094 posts

Posted 06 October 2004 - 07:20 PM

A site I've been monitoring just went from PR0 to PR5 with this update, but it's not ranking higher yet, even if searching for the exact phrase in the title. So, I would imagine it's PR Update, then SERPs.

#5 sanity

sanity

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6889 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 12:08 AM

Welcome to Cre8asite eitemiller & sonic10 :wave:

There's been no set pattern for Google updating either PR or SERPS lately (least 12 months). Recent activity would indicate that an update is on the cards. But then again maybe it isn't. It's a bit of wait and see really. :?

#6 Mike521

Mike521

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 October 2004 - 09:29 AM

lol.. didn't google say like a year ago that we're not going to see updates like this anymore, that it would be more of an ongoing daily update process... lol

#7 Guest_eitemiller_*

Guest_eitemiller_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 October 2004 - 10:43 AM

Thanks for the welcome, Sanity.

We have not noticed an adjustment in the SERP's either, but I suppose that is just a matter of time. I did notice that Gbot hit us hard again yesterday, over 2,000 pages. So anyways, I guess I have three months to go before the next update, better get back to work...

#8 Daedalus

Daedalus

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:12 AM

I've noticed that besides my site losing a notch in PR, the Google backward links on my site has been bouncing around a bit over the last couple of days. In fact, for several hours yesterday no backward links were found and now today they are all back. I guess in a few days things will settle down a bit.

#9 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Admin - Top Level
  • 8995 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:33 AM

Welcome to the Forums, Daedalus. :wave:

Hopefully it only takes a few days. Or perhaps there's something more happening here. :?

#10 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13361 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:13 PM

Finally, my new UE site, launched in May, has finally been assigned a PR score. Was frustrating to see it so well crawled on a regular basis, but that was all that was happening. Even backlinks were essentially ignored.

My long time sites continue to do extremely well, making me wonder that new sites really do have a rough time ahead of them.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users