• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HHI Golf Guy

HHI Golf Guy

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 16 December 2004 - 11:34 PM

Another thing that I noticed is that one of our sites hold the #1 and #3 place for one of our search phrases (not sub pages as are listed in Google SERP's). The SERP at #1 is the index page, and the SERP at #3 is the main "product" page.

In the past, I never saw Yahoo results have pages from the same domain name in the top 3 pages of SERP's. Or maybe I just never noticed it before.

#2 JJ

JJ

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:11 AM

Funny, all of our Main product pages are # 1 ...for every product....when searching for "brand name part number"

#3 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 12:28 AM

You must be doing something that Yahoo! likes :P

In the past, I never saw Yahoo results have pages from the same domain name in the top 3 pages of SERP's. Or maybe I just never noticed it before.

I believe that they have been for a while. I've seen a few.

#4 JJ

JJ

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 01:04 AM

Yahoo likes dynamic pages?

#5 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 17 December 2004 - 01:39 AM

Yahoo! has sent out seemingly mixed signals reagrding dynamic pages, but probably prefers static pages over dynamic ones from an indexing stance. Here are a couple of pages from Yahoo! on the subject:

Do you index dynamically generated pages (e.g., asp, .shtml, PHP, ?, etc.)?

Does your crawler follow dynamic links?

It's not much information, but we can probably assume that the more variables there are, the more difficult it will be to index the pages.

Regardless of the difficulty of indexing, does Yahoo! like dynamic pages over static pages, when returning results?

I'd imagine that if Yahoo! can index a page, the nature (dynamic or static) of the page might not matter too much when returning results.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users