Barry Schwartz (RustyBrick)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rustybrick_*

Guest_rustybrick_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2005 - 05:50 PM

So who am I?

People know me as RustyBrick, many of those I meet in real life call me rusty. Well, RustyBrick is the name of the company I own and founded with my twin brother Ronnie. My name is Barry Schwartz, born and raised in New York (45 minutes outside the city, so don't worry).

People always ask me where the name RustyBrick came from. Well, it was made up by my brother, in high school actually, based on his initials, RBS. Back then it was RustyBrick Software (Way Back Machine). Years later we decided to incorporate RustyBrick Software, but as we did that, we figured to drop "Software" from the name and hence we are known as RustyBrick. We tell clients the name has to do with construction and since we build sites and applications, it goes well. But in reality, it had no meaning at all.

RustyBrick (www.rustybrick.com) is a Web service firm specializing in customized online technology that helps companies decrease costs and increase sales. Sounds funny, but that is exactly what we do. Increasing sales is the easy stuff, with SEO, PPC, email marketing, usability, etc. The descreasing costs part is what is our bread and butter. We build out systems, Web based of course, that maximize company efficiencies and increase accountability. Mostly boring stuff, but it excites me.

The Search Engine Roundtable (www.seroundtable.com) is my blog that Cre8asite has been instrumental in getting off the ground. It focuses on search engine forum coverage, and we try to capture the "good" and "interesting" threads found from all the major SEM forums on the Web. Ben (Phoenix) helps me big time there and Kim is a guest author.

I currently moderate at SEW Forums, SEO Chat and over here now.

I'll update this with more information at a later date. Thanks!

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users