• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 folex

folex

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 03:46 AM

This was a report on the bbc news last night about google and its dominance within media.

They should of also said "Whilst google looks set to increase its hold in the market place, my mate John is stuck in a sand box, he has been hijacked by a 302 redirect (whatever that means), his cousin Sally used to do a roaring trade on page one (eh) but due to the algo change (scratching head) she is now bankrupt, anybody wanna buy a job lot of teddies?

http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/4072772.stm

I love the last line...

"Initially, Google got 10,000 queries per day compared with 200 million today."

#2 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9023 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 04:34 AM

Thanks for bringing this up, folex. For me it's a real trumpet blast on how the Internet is changing the world.

When the fax machine was introduced, everyone in business said this is revolutionary and indeed many businesses saw a huge impact. However you might see this as a Force 3 earthquake on the Richter scale.

To my mind, the creation of the Internet is a Force 8 earthquake on the Richter scale. Remember the scale is exponential. So at this level it's massive tsunamis, etc. You've got to take the right actions to survive and indeed grow.

#3 travis

travis

Sonic Boom Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1532 posts

Posted 09 June 2005 - 07:53 AM

Well, what can you say, $293 per share.

They started at $85 each less than a year ago. They should have some pretty happy employees.

With the US$50,000,000,000.00 worth of growth in that time, I wonder if they could spare a little to get some action on DMOZ.

#4 busybeingborn

busybeingborn

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 10 June 2005 - 08:50 AM

How is Google worth $27 BILLION more than Yahoo? More valuable than Time Warner? Look at the hard assets TW has compared with Google.

I think Googles valuation is crazy. Their business is built around advertising and technology. I can't think of two more volatile sectors to be doing business in over the next 5 years.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users