• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BillSlawski

BillSlawski

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15644 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 09:59 PM

One of the things I love about this forum is the chance to talk with people here from around the world.

One of the problems with that is that I'd love to have a cookout in my back yard, and invite everyone.

Since it's not likely that many of you will hop a train, or plane or ship to enjoy a cookout, I've been working towards putting together something for a summer weekend that's a little more than that.

Many of you are too far away for me to expect to be able to visit easily. But, my co-worker Loren Baker, of Search Engine Journal, and I are planning a gathering in Havre de Grace, Maryland over a weekend in August (19th, 20th, 21st).

If this goes well, hopefully the experience will lead to something on a larger scale next year. (including starting the planning earlier, and getting the announcements out earlier.)

I put up a blog for it last night at:

http://www.seobythesea.com/

Loren has contacted a couple of people about this so far, and there have been a few positive responses. He also started a thread in April at High Rankings, and got some folks interested.

There are some great bed and breakfasts in Havre de Grace, an arts festival happening in town that weekend featuring 250 artists (book rooms early if you can), and a chance to take a cruise on the Skipjack Martha Lewis around the Chesapeake Bay.

If you're interested, let me know. If you want more information, I'll be adding more about town, and the things to do that weekend at the blog, and will be happy to answer questions that you might have.

Hopefully some of you will be able to attend. :)

Cheers.

#2 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 10:49 PM

You are soooo sweet.
Nice blog, too. :-) I am envisioning DMOZ editors for your area smiling down on you.

Elizabeth

#3 BillSlawski

BillSlawski

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15644 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 11:13 PM

Thanks, Elizabeth. :)

I suspect that it might be a good place for them to come harvest some links once I get finished. I'm about 20 miles north of Havre de Grace, in Delaware, but I'm envisioning creating a similar blog for my town in the near future. The local DMOZ editors need the help - the DMOZ just doesn't have the Delaware links that it should. I'm also considering staying at one of those B&B's myself.

#4 bwelford

bwelford

• Site Administrators
  • 9023 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:36 AM

That looks to be a fun event and I think it's brilliant to associate SEO and SEA. As I explain in a blog entry, SEO Associations, some of us had had the same idea but you beat us to the punch.

I only wish I could be there. :D

#5 send2paul

send2paul

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2908 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:15 PM

Yeah - me too Barry.

SEO by the SEA - that is catchy ;) - and it looks like a great venue.

Good luck and have fun Bill! :)

#6 BillSlawski

BillSlawski

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15644 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:40 PM

Thanks Barry and Paul.

I wish you could both be there, too. :)

Nice blog entry, Barry. Thanks for mentioning the gathering.

Not a comment on the post, but I was wondering if you have ever tried your hand at writing fiction? I suspect that you would be good at it.

#7 bwelford

bwelford

• Site Administrators
  • 9023 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 06:59 AM

Thanks for the comments, Bill. I do idly think about writing fiction from time to time, but I don't think I've got the time or the patience to write a full-blown long story. If I did anything, I think I'd write a series of short stories, but only already well-known authors seem to be able to make a success out of that. :)

#8 whitemark

whitemark

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1071 posts

Posted 30 June 2005 - 09:38 AM

If any of the anonymous millionaires here sponsor me, count me in too. :)

#9 mapia

mapia

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 July 2005 - 07:01 AM

looks like nice event.. have fun!!

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users