• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BillSlawski

BillSlawski

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15644 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 08:19 AM

And SEORoundtable.com has an interview with Will Johnson, Vice President and General Manager of Yahoo! Publisher Network Online, at:

http://www.seroundta...ves/002302.html

More details can be found at the official Yahoo Blog here:

Announcing The Yahoo! Publisher Network Self-Serve Beta.

#2 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 09:01 AM

Cool & congrats to Mr. Rusty Brick.

(3) Question: As an experiment, I would love to run a Google AdSense ad and Yahoo! Contextual ad side by side, on this site. Is that against your terms of service? If not, or if yes, would you be up for the challenge? Basically, measuring CTR, income and so on would be nice. But I am also very interested in measuring ad relevancy.

(3) Answer: Interesting idea! Our terms of service require page level exclusivity, in addition we will be running lots of tests and different matching options over the next few month that will make any comparison difficult. That said, let's revisit this idea in the near future.

Good question, carefully asked and answered.

Elizabeth

#3 trevHCS

trevHCS

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 09:24 AM

I wouldn't think you could run a successful test as doesn't Adsense prevent you running anything similar to Adsense on the same page, therefore even if Yahoo allowed it you'd still loose your Adsense account.

On the other hand, you could run it with no publisher ID (at least for Adsense) and that would give relevency if Yahoo allowed - tried it while testing something recently and it still works.

Trev

#4 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 07 August 2005 - 12:57 PM

I wouldn't think you could run a successful test as doesn't Adsense prevent you running anything similar to Adsense on the same page, therefore even if Yahoo allowed it you'd still loose your Adsense account.

Exactly. Asking Yahoo or Google directly is one way to tickle this info.

Would either publicly go for a direct comparison unless one felt they have examples of superiority?

Who wouldn't be curious about a comparison? You can bet both camps are finding ways to go at it behind the scenes.
;-)

Elizabeth

#5 norbiu

norbiu

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 September 2005 - 09:50 AM

I applied to Yahoo Publisher as a joke a few months ago. I'm not even from the U.S. I got an email today that I have been accepted in the program.

Any idea how much time until it goes global ?

Thanks.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users