Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Adsense new feature of advertising on own site has a flaw?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3828 posts

Posted 18 November 2005 - 09:36 PM

Just read about the new program that allows Adsense publishers to have a link to a landing page, inviting advertisers to create ads specifically for their site. Interesting concept, but there seems to be one fatal flaw. Each Adsense account can have only one (1) landing page, no matter how many sites that account includes. This landing page can include a logo (although I suppose it doesn't have to) and a background color. So, a publisher has to only have one site utilizing this feature, or the publisher forgoes the logo and color choice. I wonder...if they decide to forgo the logo and color, will Google know which site the ad is to be displayed on?

Perhaps G has a way of dealing with this, but it seems odd to me.

ADDED: OOPS, I missed the forum for PPC where this same topic is being discussed. Sorry. Mods, delete or move as you wish. ;)

#2 GeoffreyF67

GeoffreyF67

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 331 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:25 AM

I'd imagine they're basing it on domain but that would, of course, bring up the question - what about subdomains? :)

G-Man

#3 Ruud

Ruud

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 4887 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 09:39 AM

On their demo page they sort of indicate it goes per domain. Although stupidity happens I can't imagine them doing it any other way. An advertiser buying ads on a coffee site might not want to see his ads on a religion site.

But still, it limits what you can put on your landing page. How you can sell your site(s). A strange and serious flaw in the way they have set things up. Maybe this is has something to do with the way they have accounts setup technically as smart pricing also works for a whole account instead of per domain?

#4 kensplace

kensplace

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1497 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 07:13 AM

It now says

Keep in mind that advertisers will access the same landing page from 'Advertise on this site' links on all of your sites, so you should customise the page to apply to all of your sites.

on the my account page where you set up the landing page.

#5 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5481 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 08:00 AM

Think about this... make one landing page for a family of sites. The logo might have your URLs artistically displayed (if they are short ones) and the landing page would have a paragraph about each site. If someone visits your landing page to advertise on site A, that person might also be interested in advertising on site B. More ad money for you.

#6 gabs

gabs

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 04:28 PM

hmmmmmmmm that assume all my site are the same theme ... isn't that more spammy...

My account is on complete different themes non related thus should i take many accounts ?

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users