Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:12 PM

Did anyone got invited to try http://adcenter.msn.com/

#2 GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 November 2005 - 03:26 PM

I did and have been using it since Nov 2. Any particular questions you want answered or things you want to know?

#3 organicseo

organicseo

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 02:23 PM

In general, whats your opinion about adCenter?

#4 GuyFromChicago

GuyFromChicago

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 03:03 PM

Great potential.

In its present form, itís still somewhat of hassle to work with. Itís beta though, so I sort of expected that going in. The interface is a bit flakey, and itís a rare day when I donít see a few ďMSN AdCenter has encountered an errorĒ messages throughout the day. Impressions/ad delivery has been pretty sporadic up to this point as well.

My biggest complaint so far has been the complete lack of understanding that AdCenter phone support reps (at least the oneís Iíve had to talk to) have of their own, or any competitorís product. Iíve been given answers by support that are just plain wrong, and, have been given answers that are just intended to get me off the phone Ė i.e. AdCenter is down until tomorrow (worked normally 5 minutes after I got off the phone) try again then. Iíve received better support from AdCenter reps in forums than I have over the phone.

I would also like to see the frequency of report updates increase. They days of ďonce a day updatesĒ in PPC are long, long past Ė yet a lot of MSNís reporting tools are not providing complete data until 24 hours after the fact. I ran a complete account performance report about 5 minutes ago. It shows complete data from 11/21, partial data from 11/22 and no data from 11/23.

There are other minor annoyances like not being able to view more than 20 Ė 25 keywords per page, lack of sorting ability in keyword lists (like sorting by keyword status), canít cut and paste keywords Ė you either have to import them (thatís a nightmare) or type them one at a time, etc.

At this point I really feel that AdCenter is geared at the smaller advertiser.

As I stated in the opening, the product has great potential but in its present form is a long, long way behind what AdWords offers.

#5 szetela

szetela

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 December 2005 - 09:52 AM

We've just launched a free weekly newsletter for adCenter users. Each issue will cover one marketing topic (e.g. keyword research secrets) and one adCenter-feature topic (e.g. using Parameters to personalize ads).

Afterthought afterthoughtJust checking this, Mike

Cheers,

David

#6 szetela

szetela

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 10:40 AM

We've just launched a free weekly newsletter for adCenter users. Each issue will cover one marketing topic (e.g. keyword research secrets) and one adCenter-feature topic (e.g. using Parameters to personalize ads).

Afterthought afterthoughtJust checking this, Mike

Cheers,

David

View Post

FYI, our newsletter morphed into a full-fledged web site called adCenter Insider, with an active discussion board, downloads, links, news, and a newsletter archive - all focused on MSN adCenter.

All services are free, so we'd appreciate your helping to spread the word.

Thanks,

David

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users