Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Where are all of the DMOZ generated links?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 javierg

javierg

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 12:46 PM

Hi there,

In the past I have seen and heard how being in DMOZ helps generating inbound links because it is mirrored by tons of other sites.  Well I have been in there now for a few months and I have only one new link that I believe results from this.  What gives?  How come I do not have a gazillion links like I Was hoping?

#2 Jean_Manco

Jean_Manco

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1035 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 01:25 PM

There are a couple of reasons that you might not see more backlinks.

1. Downstream users take their own time updating from Dmoz. Some are pretty prompt. Others can take many, many moons.

2. Are you only looking in Google? I understand that Google does not show links from pages with low PR, although it still counts them. Try looking for links to your site in AlltheWeb and/or an SE powered by Inktomi. They show more of the Dmoz clones.

#3 javierg

javierg

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 02:06 PM

I assume the command to see links coming to my site is "link:www.website.com" That being the case what was returned to me had very few links that appear to be generated by a DMOZ mirror.

#4 DianeV

DianeV

• Hall Of Fame
  • 7216 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 02:19 PM

javierg, that is understood. However, Google only displays links with a certain PageRank or above. This does not mean that links with lesser PR don't benefit you, but simply that Google doesn't display them.

<added> In that case, it's difficult to tell which un-displayed links Google is counting on behalf of your site. Jean's suggestion, then, is the best in your case.

#5 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

• Hall Of Fame
  • 9339 posts

Posted 01 August 2003 - 02:57 PM

You'll probably find those backlinks appearing over the next couple of months

This will be the URL to find the most the fastest:

http://www.alltheweb...elofthemoon.com

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users