Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Would you subscribe or read a print SEO pub?

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#41 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:30 PM

So did any of you receive the magazine yet? Some of our subscribers have already received their copies but not everybody. I blame the local mailman : )

#42 FP_Guy

FP_Guy

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 02:34 PM

Not me yet, but I live in the USA.

#43 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3790 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:18 PM

Not yet. Hoping it gets here this week, before I head off on my vacation!

#44 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 May 2006 - 03:23 PM

You should get it by the end of this week, at least all those of you who are in US. When you do receive your copy, please take your time to give us some feedback.

#45 BizMord

BizMord

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 08:59 AM

After speaking with one of the Mordkovich brothers... Yugeen, I am very interested in receiving this magazine.

Another reason is that our last names are absolutely, identical. My name is Igor Mordkovich and surprisingly my father's name was Boris Mordkovich. "Interesting" right?

I have not received the first issue and I am in NY ....... we actually live in the same city .... and work in the same ZIP Code.

Good luck to you guys. Make our last name proud. ;-)

Edited by BizMord, 18 May 2006 - 09:00 AM.

#46 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 09:04 AM

Hi Igor,

Did you subscribe to our first issue and if so, was it before or after April 28th? You can drop me an email with your address and we will send you another copy.

#47 MaryKrysia

MaryKrysia

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

I recieved my copy several days ago. Although I have not finished reading it, I wanted to say how much I have enjoyed reading it. I love to get away from reading the computer screen and curl up with this magazine. I like holding something printed and reading it at my liesure.

The articles are informative and timely and the layout and artwork are high quality. My only complaint is that it is too thin -- I want to have lots to read and learn. But I am looking forward to receiving more and continuing to read it. (I have not noticed the ads yet -- probably will eventually).

Thank you, :applause:
Mary

#48 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:38 PM

I still haven't received mine yet. I'm wondering if it came, and one of my neighbors saw it, and couldn't resist taking it. :)

#49 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 18 May 2006 - 10:51 PM

No, Bill, that was the post office worker who took a glimpse and couldn't help delaying the delivery :)

#50 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13469 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:24 AM

Bill, mine didn't arrive until Tuesday. Boris checked to make sure I was on the list, because there was a concern on the delay. I'm sure they can check for you as well, and perhaps get another out to you.

I reviewed it in my blog and had to laugh. My "complaint" is also that its too thin. I love the chance to also curl up and read it. It's much lighter than my laptop, for starters. And way more colorful!

The articles were also well written. All in all, nice work from the editors/publisher. I look forward to the next issue.

#51 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 01:42 PM

Bill, mine didn't arrive until Tuesday.

You won't know how terrible our postal service is until you send out 15,000 magazines :)

My "complaint" is also that its too thin. I love the chance to also curl up and read it. It's much lighter than my laptop, for starters. And way more colorful!

The next issue should be anywhere from 48 to 52 pages long. Because we try to keep the ratio of editorials to ads at 1:1, there will be more articles as well.

I still haven't received mine yet. I'm wondering if it came, and one of my neighbors saw it, and couldn't resist taking it.

Please send me your information and I'll take a look if you were added to the database. Worst case scenario, we'll just send you another copy.

#52 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 19 May 2006 - 02:17 PM

Please send me your information and I'll take a look if you were added to the database. Worst case scenario, we'll just send you another copy.

Thanks.

Boris told me that he would send another copy out if I hadn't received it by today. I let him know that I hadn't, and he placed another in the mail for me. Appreciate the offer of assistance though.

You won't know how terrible our postal service is until you send out 15,000 magazines.

I've seen that with a simple run of 3,000 or so letters. :lol:

#53 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:58 PM

The Fall 06 issue is done. Most US subscribers should receive it within the next two weeks. It seems like we have been working on this one forever. :D

The second issue features more of everything: more SEO articles, more categories and more industry experts, including articles by Eric Ward, Kevin Gold and Tom Dahm. Plus, as requested, Fall 06 issue also includes a case study. After months of work, I'm proud to say that the second issue should be better than the first.

As always, any feedback, comments and requests are welcomed.

#54 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

• Site Administrators
  • 3790 posts

Posted 28 July 2006 - 10:08 PM

Looking forward to it!

#55 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 11:54 AM

Greetings,

I hope everyone has received the latest issue of Search Marketing Standard (if not, let me know). I would really appreciate some feedback. The feedback we received from you the last time was invaluable. It really helped us improve the magazine and I hope you can see that from the second issue. So if you have any comments and/or suggestions, please post them here.

#56 praveen

praveen

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:02 PM

still havent received mine yet probably cos i dont live in US so will watch out for it.

#57 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13469 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:33 PM

Andrey, it impresses me so much how you and Boris care about your readers. I worked for a magazine publisher in the late 1990's (high-tech computer magazines) and loved that world. But, I don't remember hearing the Eds in Chief or Publishers talk so openly about wanting to please their readers. It was always more on satisfying advertisers.

I blogged on the August issue yesterday.

Congratulations on trying so hard to make this work for everyone.

#58 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:49 PM

If our readers are not reading the articles, they won't see the ads. Just like on the web, quality content is the key. I subscribe to a lot of magazines and I don't even open some of them. Why? Because I know they have nothing interesting to say. So if I don't even open the magazine, I won't see the ads. Advertisers in those magazine have no chance of getting my business.

Of course, we do care about our advertisers but engaged and interested readership is very much in their interest.

#59 rmccarley

rmccarley

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:46 PM

I still haven't got mine and I am in the US. Could it be because of an address change? It should have taken effect before distribution though...

#60 praveen

praveen

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:36 AM

did any of the international subscribers receive their copy yet??

i still havent received mine :)

#61 bwelford

bwelford

• Site Administrators
  • 9005 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 06:49 AM

I received mine in Canada at the time it was being received in the USA.

#62 praveen

praveen

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 248 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:50 PM

interesting bit is, i sent them an email after 4 weeks the US guys getting it and they informed me that a copy was at the same time.

i was asked to give my address again so that it can be resent.

now its been 2 weeks something.. i havent received this as well.

normally it takes 10-14 days for a post from US to reach me (i receive adsense cheques to the same address and it takes 2 weeks approx)

:)

Update: i just received the mag. sent on Oct4th :) wonder what happened to the first one.

Edited by praveen, 09 October 2006 - 03:25 AM.

#63 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:02 AM

Glad to hear you've got your copy. I apologize for that. We do have a lot of copies "missing in action."

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with.

#64 FP_Guy

FP_Guy

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 413 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:23 AM

I received the Fall 2006 issue and like it better than the Summer 2006 issue.

#65 dobbs

dobbs

New To Community

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:59 PM

If you have a big site and a few employees, keeping up with SEO is probably worth your time. But when it comes to individual webmasters running small sites, I don't think the Internet pays well enough to justify spending much time keeping up with SEO.

#66 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:49 PM

Hi dobbs,

Welcome to the forums.

Hard to tell if you're in favor of a print SEO publication or not from your response. It may be a question of context, and I guess that's what you are saying.

I do think that understanding search marketing is one of the things that can help a small enterprise on the web become a big one. Then again, so is usability, accessibility, and increasingly understanding how people might see your site on a phone or PDA.

#67 marianne

marianne

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 01:26 PM

IMHO evangelizing best practices and educating practioners as well as interested parties across all media is a great idea. I just subscribed and will look forward to receiving my first issue dependent on the mercy of the mail gods.

#68 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 09:44 AM

Greetings,

Just a quick note. The Winter 06/07 issue of Search Marketing Standard should start arriving later next week. Most US subscribers should receive their copies within the next two weeks.

#69 AbleReach

AbleReach

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 10 November 2006 - 06:00 PM

Yaay! Thanks for keeping us in the loop. :rolleyes:

#70 Lisadit

Lisadit

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 05:47 PM

yeah an offline SEO magazine sounds fab. I take the bus for 40 min every day, would love to have a "warm-up" before I got to work..Bring it on I say!

#71 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:02 PM

Hello everyone,

I hope that by now everyone has received their copy of the Winer 06/07 issue of the Search Marketing Standard. If not, do let me know.

As always, we would appreciate any feedback.

#72 AbleReach

AbleReach

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 30 November 2006 - 11:35 PM

I have mine. :P

#73 FP_Guy

FP_Guy

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:54 AM

I have mine as well and noticed that it is getting better and better. The inclusion of the ban checker you can download from your site was a great idea! Not only does it help me out, but it also causes people to check out your web site. Although I would have put a download on a page instead of entering an address to download it directly.

#74 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 10:58 AM

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that :-)

#75 FP_Guy

FP_Guy

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 413 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:11 AM

Another idea that I like is this other magazine I subscribe too has an index of helpful web sites out their to try out. The downside is that most of the sites are not worth much, but have a few really gems in there. The second downside would be that some SEO'ers may feel it is taking the work away from them.

If I were to add a list of helpful sites I would check them out before publishing them to make sure they are 'worthy' and think about if they would be beneficial to the general audience.

Having online tools, such as the banlist checker, on your web site would help generate return visits to the site and build up the credibility. Google likes to rank sites that are credible and this would happen naturally with your site when people start 'social bookmarking' your site because of the great tools and/or articles on it.

Michael

Edited by FP_Guy, 01 December 2006 - 11:12 AM.

#76 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:29 AM

Thanks for your feedback, Michael. Right now, the site is centered on the magazine. However, we are already working on the Search Marketing Standard 2.0 site. It will have articles, case studies, interviews, SEM events schedule and more. Basically, it's going to be a portal. It is scheduled to launch in February.

Another exciting news is Garrett French (former editor of Search Engine Lowdown) joining our blog team. For those of you who think my posts suck :D , Garrett joining the team might be a good reason to start reading our blog at http://www.searchmar...andard.com/blog.

Edited by Andrey@SMS, 01 December 2006 - 06:02 PM.

#77 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13469 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 11:45 AM

Andrey, I always appreciate it when you stop by and share news about the magazine. Thanks to you for your comment on my blog about my review, too.

I couldn't wait to read it when it came. The Winter issue is the best one yet! Congratulations and kudos to your whole team! :flowers:

#78 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 01 December 2006 - 02:57 PM

Kim,

Thank you for your kind words, both here and on the blog :notworthy:

#79 vangogh

vangogh

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 02 December 2006 - 09:29 PM

I received my copy earlier in the week, though I haven't had the time yet to read it. Very soon though. I do have to agree that each issue has gotten better than the last and I'm looking forward to seeing what the future brings for the magazine.

#80 Andrey@SMS

Andrey@SMS

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 09:30 AM

Hello everyone,

Just a quick note, most of our US subscribers should be getting the Summer 07 issue of the Search Marketing Standard magazine right about now.

We've been experimenting with new design elements and I think we went a bit too far :) Anyway, I would love to hear your thoughts.

Oh, I almost forgot. Kim has an excellent article in this issue on persuasive website design.

Looking forward to your feedback.

Best Regards,
Andrey Milyan
Editor-in-Chief
Search Marketing Standard

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users