19 replies to this topic

#1 sansonj

sansonj

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 05:24 PM

:rofl: AZForeclosureListings.com/

I own over 150 domain names, and I was just told today I should be using them all, and pointing the links to each other. They told me all I had to do is tweak the content a little.

How risky is this?

James Sanson
AZForeclosurelistings.com/

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5356 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:32 PM

I'll stick my bare xxx out this window behind me before I do something like that... Temp = 15F, feels like 7F

#3 Ruud

Ruud

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 4887 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

Lot of pain, hardly any gain.

Bad, bad idea.

#4 randfish

randfish

Hall of Fame

• Members
  • 937 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:47 PM

If you want them all to carry the same content and all of their respective links to help with rankings, simply pick one, the best, most marketable domain name in the bunch and use a 301 re-direct on the other 149 to point to that single one. Then, all of the link value that any of those sites carry will be transferred to that one, single site.

But, the situation you describe is a form of spam and manipulation that the search engines, particularly Google, are very aware of and will shut down with ease. It's a tactic that was effective 2-3 years ago, but no longer is.

#5 Nadir

Nadir

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:52 PM

I don't really understand what he wants to do: use 149 sites and link all of them to your main site? Very dangerous

Or interlink them, for example site 3 links to 4, 39, 83 ; site 5 links to site 123, 34, 4 etc?? If they are all on the same IP, very dangerous too.

Edited by Nadir, 26 January 2006 - 11:53 PM.

#6 sansonj

sansonj

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:37 AM

I don't really understand what he wants to do: use 149 sites and link all of them to your main site? Very dangerous

Or interlink them, for example site 3 links to 4, 39, 83 ; site 5 links to site 123, 34, 4 etc?? If they are all on the same IP, very dangerous too.

View Post

I do not understand the last paragraph-

By the way, I was told about doing this from Aplus.net/ - where I buy my domain names. :ph34r: Seems like they would rather sell me my own server than help me as a person. Then i check with a friend of mine and he agreed- I thought it was spam.

How about designing content around the domain name, and then pointing them to each other?

Also, I use freeserves.com to host my domain names- anything wrong with them?

#7 sansonj

sansonj

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:45 AM

Where I am also running into some issues with my domain names and it is killing me- how can BrilliantLenders.com/ have a PR of 4 while KINGofHUD.com/ has a PR of 2?

#8 FP_Guy

FP_Guy

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 413 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:42 AM

Ditto

#9 DonnaFontenot

DonnaFontenot

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 3789 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 11:47 AM

A bit of advice... Never, ever take SEO advice from a hosting company.

#10 sansonj

sansonj

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:13 PM

What makes google give BrilliantLenders.com/ a PR of 4 while KINGofHUD.com/ has only a PR of 2?

#11 Nadir

Nadir

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:34 PM

Maybe it has more links and it's older. What's the problem if it has a bigger PR anyway, you can't sleep at night?

#12 sansonj

sansonj

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:00 AM

I own both of them, and the KINGofHUD is way older and way more links. It makes no since on the PR- one is 2 and the other is 4.

#13 Nadir

Nadir

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:09 AM

It's not the number of links that matters, but the quality, some links might have been given more importance than others.

#14 sansonj

sansonj

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 01 February 2006 - 03:15 AM

You should pull these two up and you will see it does not make since.

#15 sansonj

sansonj

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:30 AM

after asking about BrilliantLenders.com/ in here it dropped from a 4 to a rightly owed 1 PR. Hmm fishy, but anyhow that is where it belongs with its limited links to it.

If you have to take a guess: how many PR 3 sites does it take pointing at your site to make it a PR 5 site?

#16 Nadir

Nadir

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:33 AM

I would say 56, no maybe 57, or maybe 58.

#17 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 01:41 AM

after asking about http://www.BrilliantLenders.com/ in here it dropped from a 4 to a rightly owed 1 PR. Hmm fishy, but anyhow that is where it belongs with its limited links to it.

If you have to take a guess: how many PR 3 sites does it take pointing at your site to make it a PR 5 site?

First off, page rank is not a simple numbers game.
Secondly, linking here will not have an effect either way, no matter how many times you place a link.

PageRank Seekers

There is no link popularity factor to be gained through your posts at Cre8asite. All threads (including links in signature file and member profile) at Cre8asite are processed through a redirect page and blocked by our robots.txt file.

http://www.cre8asite...forum-rules.php

Elizabeth

#18 sansonj

sansonj

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:26 PM

Thank you, so I will start working on that.

#19 Nadir

Nadir

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:33 PM

James, that was a joke, sorry. Maybe it was not very funny :)
No one can pretend to know how many links you need to get a certain PR, that's why I made this comment...

If you do want to improve your PR in order to eventually increase your traffic, I would say make sure you get links from highly relevant sources. In your case, get links from people related to the loan industry, or even financial web sites etc.

But a higher PR is not something that will increase your rankings for sure. You often see pages with a PR 2 that ranks better than PR 5, 6 etc.
I guess that's because these pages are judged more relevant by Google, who doesn't only look on the number of links, but also on content, age of the page, quality of links etc.

Hope it helps, sorry for the joke!

Edited by Nadir, 05 February 2006 - 11:36 PM.

#20 sansonj

sansonj

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 01:25 AM

Well, in short I have some work a head of me.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users