• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TGBM

TGBM

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 03:31 PM

Ok i'm working on my fisrt site and need some help, first off the woman I'm doing this for is gonna want to sell a product so I was wonder how to go about that, second I was wonder how to make it so the site would appear on search engines fairly high up in the lists. Thans for any help anyone can give me.

#2 TGBM

TGBM

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 03:37 PM

also something just occured to me, how can I copywrite my site? thanks again for any help

#3 James

James

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2104 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 03:58 PM

Firstly, welcome to cre8asite. Hope you will find lots of useful information here.

You mention that the client that you are developing your site for wants to sell something. Is this a single product or multiple products?

What experience do you have of developing web sites? If none, then it might be worth looking into ready built ecommerce sites. These simply require configuration and the loading of a product database, prices, etc.

How are you expecting to take payment? You might like to look at the Site Planning and Preparation thread of this forum.

As for SEO, there's no single answer to ensuring that you'll get a high ranking. You'll find lots of great suggestions in the SEO thread of the forum too.

Regards,
James

#4 sanity

sanity

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6889 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 04:24 PM

Welcome to Cre8 TGBM :wave:

James has given you some excellent advice. You'll find a ton of useful information here which will help you in the planning and building of your site.

Whist this is shameless self promotion you might find a recent article I wrote for Peter Da Vanzo's brilliant Searchengineblog of use: How to build search engine friendly web sites.

#5 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 19 August 2003 - 06:09 PM

Welcome to the forums, TGBM

Good to have you aboard.

I read Sophie's article a day or two ago.

It's excellent, and should give you some good ideas.

We've also been working on putting together a directory of articles and resources for people building websites at:

http://www.cre8asite.net

It's still in Beta, but it does have quite a few articles listed. There are quite a few that may help out.

I'm guessing by "copywrite" you may mean "copyright". Look in the section of cre8asite.net on internet law here:

http://www.cre8asite...asp?category=26

I remember my first site. Don't hesitate to ask questions. :)

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users