• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 phaithful

phaithful

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 05 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

i'm sorry but liquid designs is sort of "ehhh...." in my opinion.

It's a nice concept, and I guess I'm being overly critical... but I can't really accept liquid designs that work fine at 1600 x 1200 but break at less than 550 width.

Some of the showcase sites like http://www.mindtheshark.com/ and even www.cssliquid.com itself breaks at smaller window widths.

Edited by phaithful, 05 July 2006 - 11:55 PM.

#42 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 01:13 AM

That's why you can set min width to 640px (or equivalent) and max width to 1200px (or equivalent) to keep the site readable in all resolutions.

#43 Adrian

Adrian

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 5779 posts

Posted 06 July 2006 - 03:35 AM

*cough*different view portals*cough*not always browsers*cough*

#44 Mike Cherim

Mike Cherim

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 12:07 AM

To answer the question in the title: CSS (unless you have some data best organized in a table).

Mike

#45 sanity

sanity

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6889 posts

Posted 20 July 2006 - 11:57 PM

You know finally I am a convert to css and working towards tableless design. Finally. It's hard to make the change when you're busy and don't really *need* to I know but I was pushed and I took the plunge. I found once I'd wrapped my head around the theory it all fell into place. Sure sometimes I'm doing things and am not 100% sure why, but hey I felt that way with HTML in 1994.

I have to say I *love* css now I really do.

I got the book, "The CSS Anthology - 101 Essential Tips, Tricks & Hacks" by Rachel Andrew, which I haven't cracked open yet. Maybe I'll take a look this weekend, since it seems that tables are so obsolete.

Risa I have this book and it's brilliant. Even just dipping into it to try things is a great way to start.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users