• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13527 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 09:15 AM

Threadwatch brought to our attention the tragic situation of WebMasterWorld moderator, Marcela DeVivo, who is about to deliver her first child. This baby, whose name is Nathan Dorje Andrew, was discovered to suffer from brain damage and may not survive.

More information: Please Donate to Help 2_Much With Medical Bills

It was the wish and consensus of the staff here at Cre8asiteforums to assist.

I've moved funds from our forums account over to Paypal, so we will be donating $150 to her to help with medical costs (in the USA, there are always uncovered costs) or to spend however she wishes based on needs.

I wish to extend, on behalf of these forums, to Marcela, her family and baby Nathan, our loving arms and prayers.

If anyone wishes to donate any monetary help, the Paypal link is in Threadwatch's post. As an alternative, we have a donation page and I would be happy to forward any donations you send to us, in the event you wish to be anonymous. (Please specify you wish the donation to go to Marcela.)

Forums donations: Cre8asiteforums donations

Thanks!

#2 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13527 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 01:23 PM

From Marcela, as per the thread in TW:

Hi everyone,

I am in tears at your generosity and support. It means a lot to me and our family, and it really shows a lot about this community.

From the bottom of my heart, thank you. I don't have words to express my gratitude for your help and support, both monetary and with your prayers.

It has been a very difficult time and the support and kindness of people is the only thing that is pushing us through. Thank you.

With deep appreciation,
Marcela
By 2much at Wed, 2006-07-26

Thanks to everyone who feels moved to help. The TW thread has more information on the situation.

#3 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13527 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 02:50 PM

Shoemoney has joined in - Help Marcela DeVivo AKA 2_Much WMW MOD - 2_much Fundraiser

#4 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:06 PM

Marcela sent me a thanks, and pointed me to a site that she asked me if I would share with others.

The site is www.prayfornathan.org and it's asking for prayers for baby Nathan.

As she says there:

As a deeply spiritual person, I firmly believe in the power of prayer. I believe that if many people are asking their God, angels, spirits, or whoever they believe in, to help, this energy will be passed on to Nathan.

I ask you to take a moment and ask whoever you believe in to help this baby. If you don't believe in a higher power, just send some nice energy his way.

Also, please send this request to other people in your circle of family and friends.

Nathan may not have long, so please help by asking as many people as you can to pray.

Thank you so much, we are so grateful for your prayers and support.

#5 dgeary9

dgeary9

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:27 PM

My heart breaks for her, that is every parent's worst nightmare. I think this welling up of virtual support is absolutely wonderful.

#6 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13527 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 04:03 PM

From Marcela. Thought I'd share her thank you. The funds we sent are gained from members who advertise on our homepage and articles pages.

Dear Kim,

We really appreciate that you took funds out of your forum, and that your community was so kind and willing to help, I have been so amazed at the support and gratitude of the SEO community and want to thank you for your part in it.

With gratitude,
Marcela & Owen

#7 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13527 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

Marcela has successfully given birth to baby Nathan, who is doing remarkably well.

Read more here

Amazing, the power of prayer and positive energy :)

#8 sanity

sanity

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6889 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 05:07 PM

Marcela sent me a personal thank you too. I thought that was exceptionally remarkable seeing how much she had on her plate.

Hearing of Nathan's progress is wonderful.

#9 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:39 PM

That's really great news.

I'm so happy to hear this.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users