Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Libel and slander for defaming a company?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sg1

sg1

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 29 July 2006 - 07:00 PM

I had to chuckle when I learned about this;
http://customerevang..._busineses.html

The customer was so p***ed that he started his own little SEO campaign war against the company. So much so, that the company's name shows up high on SERPS.

My question is are we liable for such slander of a company or individual if we pursued similar actions against other people? I have a few people I'd like to get back at, if you know what I mean :D

#2 JohnMu

JohnMu

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3518 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 01:32 AM

Of course you are responsable for what your write and say. It would be no different if you started running full page newspaper ads to bring your message across.

But keep in mind that you will be associated with the bad publicity as well. Do you, your company really want to be publicly connected in that situation? How would your failure of being able to resolve the issues professionally look to outsiders, to potential clients or even existing customers?

John

#3 petersmart

petersmart

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:15 AM

If you write something untrue about another person that is LIBEL.
SLANDER is saying something untrue.

How do you remember which is which ?

Well writing something untrue could be LIBEL or LIEBALL (L-EYEBALL) because you have to EYEBALL it.

SLANDER could be SLAND-EAR because you have to hear it.

That's how I remember it.

#4 test-ok

test-ok

Mach 1 Member

• 250 Posts Club
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 05:16 PM

We've done sorta the same thing except it's about companies who don't like to pay their bills. And it works..in fact it works real well. Once Some posts someone in our Hall of Shame category...usually the person gets paid and fairly fast I might add. :banana:
It also helps that Google just happens to put the results near the top of the search results when someone searches on one of the companies in question. :blink:

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users