- Microsoft tests Windows Live video search.
- Comcast launches Google based search.
- Google faces patent-violation suit in S. Korea.
- Google temporarily returned no results in Google Argentina due to a bug in their censorship software (screenshot).
- Blinkx to power Lycos video search.
- Google exec stock sales: $7.4 billion and counting.
- Google seeks fund rule exemption to increase investment returns.
- Mr. Google, find me a woman (video, humor).
SE Newslets (Again)
Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:47 AM
Posted 29 August 2006 - 11:19 PM
Some interesting newslets. This might be something that would be a good recurring feature for our forum blog.
Posted 05 September 2006 - 04:29 AM
Search engine newslets
- Ask.com adds emoticon search.
- ChaCha.com is a new search engine "powered by human intelligence".
- Browzar drops Overture after privacy backlash.
- Watch a day of Google traffic on a world map.
- Google now has a Russian blog.
- Google to give data to Brazilian court.
- The web site of Donald Trump has been hacked in Google's results.
- A strange route on Google maps.
Google CEO joins Apple's board
"CEO Eric Schmidt is joining Apple Computer Inc.'s board of directors, the computer maker said on Tuesday, creating a close tie between two of Silicon Valley's most iconic companies."
Posted 13 September 2006 - 03:29 AM
- View where your AdWords ad is showing around the world.
- Yahoo releases a toolbar for Firefox.
- How Digg.com ranks stories.
- Ask.com announces research and development center in Germany.
- HotelWorldMap is a search engine for hotels with Google maps integration.
- Gazerk is a search engine for video gamers.
- Business keywords are the most popular search terms.
- Is Google AdSense for TV coming soon?
- Google updates Google Earth.
- Google says may launch video service in Japan.
Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:59 AM
- Google returns MSN as number 1 result for a "search" search.
- Yahoo tests PayPal icons in search ads.
- MSN has a new AJAX image search.
- Site search has more volume than web search.
- Google introduces featured content for Google Earth.
- The continuing adventures of Google's inconsistent PR team.
- Behind Google's German courtroom battle.
- Google: The new port authority.
- Araby.com is a new search engine.
- Yahoo signs search deal with Acer.
- Hosting Services from the Googleplex?
- Shakespeare Searched is a Shakespeare search engine.
- Apple, Google to team up for video downloads?
- Microsoft ready to launch own Internet video service.
- Google will flex political muscles.
- The rise of Baidu (that's Chinese for Google).
Posted 26 September 2006 - 04:26 AM
- Google has the largest number of dead and old pages.
- Microsoft offers new ways to advertise.
- Google cross-site request forgery.
- A Google page that lists all supported Google country extensions.
- Suit filed against AOL; seeks to block search history storage.
- First half 2006 Internet ad revenue figures.
- About the Google News case in Belgium.
- Marketing on Google: it’s not just text anymore.
- Google plans upgrade for search engine in the fourth quarter.
Posted 03 October 2006 - 06:02 AM
- CFG.Search is a firefox extension that allows you to use Google without sending cookies.
- Google Maps shows a giant insect on a field in Germany.
- N.Y. Google office takes up a block.
- Google buys garage where empire began.
- Yahoo and Hewlett-Packard sign search engine agreement.
- A new search engine rewards users with prizes.
- Costumzee.com is a search engine for halloween costumes.
- Google extends Google transit.
- Read an official Google statement about copyright.
- Ask.com updates weather and earthquake information.
Posted 10 October 2006 - 05:25 PM
- A preview of the new AOL Search is available.
- How Google Q&A works.
- Google underwhelms with "More About..." links in Gmail.
- The Google blog has been hacked right after a blog entry about security.
- Google Movies shows movie showtimes.
- Google launches literacy project to link resources.
- RSS Smart Answers are now available on international Ask.com sites.
- Google released a new beta of Google Groups.
Posted 17 October 2006 - 05:29 AM
- Ms. Dewey is a search engine with a human face.
- Yahoo to simplify e-biz for small companies.
- Ask releases Ask Mobile.
- Earnings predictions: Yahoo and Google.
- Google plans largest U.S. solar-powered office.
- Google not having luck hiring In India.
- Marketers join social web sites.
- Yahoo to show local CBS news clips.
- Google cartoons are available here, here and here.
- Google not spooked by ghosts of deals past.
Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:52 AM
- WebFetch is a new meta search engine that looks more or less like DogPile.
- AskVille is a new answer search engine by Amazon.
- Search engine thrives in Carnegie Mellon's backyard.
- Google releases a (beta) service that allows you to optimize your AdWords landing pages.
- Take a look at the top Halloween searches on Yahoo.
- Yahoo Japan reports 22% rise in quarterly profit.
- Google now has a Polish blog.
- Google buys SpaceShipOne.
- Judge consolidates two class suits against Google.
- YouTube shared user data with studio lawyers.
- Google's authors guild suit drags on. And on. And on.
- Google becomes a political player.
- Google is not invincible: 5 reasons why.
Posted 07 November 2006 - 08:29 AM
- Yahoo now supports the NOODP tag
- Smarter.com is a visual shopping search engine.
- Working with advanced queries in the Live search box.
- Google to begin selling print ads Google to sell newspaper ads.
- Google acquired JotSpot.
- Yahoo improves its Shopping Search.
- Clickriver.com allows webmasters to advertise on Amazon.com.
- Ask.com selected to power Lycos Network Search.
- Fake airline boarding pass creator is Google intern.
- Google denies report on Belgian fines.
- Video: Google's Craig Silverstein speaks at UNC.
- ComScore releases worldwide ranking of top web properties.
- Yahoo in image advertising test on mobile phones.
- Live.com introduces 3D maps.
- Google plans an AdWords landing page update.
Edited by lee.n3o, 07 November 2006 - 08:30 AM.
Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:32 AM
Some more newslets anyway...
- Google, YouTube deal closes at $1.775 billion.
- Google introduces customized home pages for groups.
- Sprinko.com is a new search engine.
- Click fraud lawsuits.
- Google’s Marissa Mayer: Speed wins.
- Is adCenter a Googlebeater?
- Making media with Yahoo! Video.
- Yahoo updates Yahoo! Bookmarks.
- Microsoft, Ask & Fox on Google At Web 2.0.
- Smart Answers lead to smart voting.
- The baby billionaires of Silicon Valley.
- Like.com is a visual shopping search engine.
- CometQuery is a new search engine that wants to challenge Google.
- Take a look at the Google, Yahoo, MSN acquisition chart.
Posted 21 November 2006 - 10:10 AM
- Yahoo follows Google into newspaper ad deals.
- Chinese search engine Qihoo has raised US $25 million in venture capital.
- Yahoo! Maps released from beta.
- Koders benefits from Google attention.
- PCNames.com is a new domain search engine.
- Pronto.com is a new shopping search engine.
- Prank calls from Google maps.
- The race to create a 'smart' Google.
Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:30 AM
- Microsoft offers $200 of free ad clicks (ALTHOUGH Only in the bloody US - Much to my annoyance today !!)
- Google sees big rise in online business.
- Yahoo China head quits after barely 40 days.
- Do not search Yahoo! for 'franchise'.
- Another Google comic strip.
- See a star on Google Earth.
- Italy opens probe into Google over bullying video.
- Oprah visits Yahoo! Answers.
- Do you know Cyber Monday?
- Google sites take UK’s top spot.
- Google flaw adds phishing hole to Web sites.
Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:58 AM
- Google’s top secret advertising network.
- Google shutters its answers service.
- Save Google Answers (humor, video).
- Got answers and nowhere to share them?
- Google to offer Egyptian students new internet services.
- Yahoo, Reuters launch eyewitness photo site.
- The future of web ads is in Britain.
Posted 12 December 2006 - 09:11 AM
- Google doesn't support the search API anymore (SOAP that is... You will have to use AJAX as of 5th December :kicking: )
I thought this was quite funny.....
- Google completely copies Yahoo design.
- Google responds that Yahoo copies Google design.
- Online swindlers shift focus to smaller retailers.
- Critics: Yahoo reorg not radical enough.
- Google 2.0: From search engine to media powerhouse.
- Dick Cheney's Google searches (humor).
- The safety of Internet search engines.
- What Google can't do.
- Yahoo dethroned by MySpace.
Edited by lee.n3o, 12 December 2006 - 09:11 AM.
Posted 19 December 2006 - 06:28 AM
- The best Yahoo Answers of 2006.
- The most popular search terms on Lycos in 2006.
- Microsoft will display Baidu's paid ads in China.
- The top searches on Live.com in 2006.
- Google adds information about ad quality and performance in their help center.
- Yahoo's publisher network has new ad blocking options.
- Google now offers domains for $10/year.
- Google fixes Adwords security flaw.
- Google Finance gets an update.
- Google releases a patent search engine.
- German economics ministers reveals move away from ‘Quaero’.
- NASA and Google to bring space exploration down to earth.
Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:49 AM
- Google top searches: Based on everything and nothing.
- Top 10 mistakes in web design.
- Page view metrics? Bah, humbug!
- Google's open source airbag.
- Yahoo updates toolbar and bookmarks.
- Google in the New Year.
- In search of new Google in Silicon Valley.
- Hackers dent Google's free email.
- The year in Ask 2006.
- Firefox creator loses faith in Google.
- Google accidentally deleted Gmail accounts.
Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:30 AM
- Google's media ambassador: What about us sounds so unfriendly?
- Yahoo China to evolve into business-oriented search engine.
- Keyword ads and meta tags don't confuse consumers.
- Winzy is a new search engine that offers prizes for searching.
- O Googlers, where art thou?
- What do you think about ads in captchas?
Posted 16 January 2007 - 06:43 AM
- Google to offer real-time stock quotes for free.
- Microsoft adCenter offers webcast tomorrow.
- Yahoo explains its new bidding system.
- Lycos sues TiVo, Netflix & Blockbuster over search technology.
- Yahoo China search engine to target business customers.
- Cranky.com is a new search engine for older people.
- Quintura is a new search engine for kids.
- Google's plans for Google Base in 2007.
- Two Google vulnerabilities have been discovered: 1 2
- SEO blogs under hack attack.
- Interview with Jim Lanzone, CEO of Ask.com
Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:05 AM
- Weather report: Yahoo! search index update.
- Google blacklist contained confidential information.
- Sponsored links added to Google search history.
- BBC in talks on Google link-up.
- Google Switch: Phone by Google and Samsung?
- Yahoo releases personal finance site.
- Inside AdSense launches in Italian.
- Google plans N.C. data center.
- Yahoo releases school search.
- Microsoft, Google agree to NGO conduct code.
- Radio guy to help Google with agency relationships.
- You can now run AdSense on the same page as other contextual ad programs.
- Google to run video ads from BMG and Warners.
Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:23 AM
The other proposal is the Lee:Personal Ratio: how many of the stories Lee posted did you already know about? I knew about 7 of today's stories, so my Ratio is just over 0.5. What's yours?
Come on, it's a great way to procrastinate
Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:42 AM
I'm going to have to work on my LPR ...
[that school-search is strange -- just like those MFA sites that scrape the phone book... I don't get it]
Posted 30 January 2007 - 07:51 AM
Latest ones through
- Overture's keyword suggestion tool is currently offline.
- Google tests Google Checkout buttons in AdWords.
- eBay holds its turf against Google.
- MSN updates its adCenter.
- Leaders look to engage on Yahoo! Answers.
- Google Checkout sucks - PayPal has no worries.
- YouTube and Wikipedia storm to top brand ranking.
- Gates, Google convene In Switzerland.
- Judge cool to a grumble over Google.
- New sunrise layer on Google Earth.
- Google Earth as a virtual world.
- MSN ad revenue increases 20%.
Posted 06 February 2007 - 05:45 AM
- Google Maps down under.
- Google offers new personalization tools.
- Yahoo tests local mashups.
- Mobile giants plot secret rival to Google.
- Google offers a new look at your inbound links.
- Newspapers search for Web headline magic.
- Google Earth now showing local business ads.
- The latest Google flatline.
Posted 13 February 2007 - 06:06 AM
- Ask.com Valentine's Day Smart Answers.
- Google to cable operators: Let's collaborate.
- Google takes Sentamu slurs from website.
- Google adds online map, word services to China site.
- An Open Letter to Google from China.
- Media firms say Google benefited from film piracy.
- Yahoo Go 2.0 is now gamma.
- Ask.com, Intuit bringing new data centers to state.
- Skype and Google users can now talk on their mobile for free.
- MIVA reducing work force by 20%.
Posted 20 February 2007 - 08:52 AM
- Measuring the impact of copiepresse victory over Google.
- Gmail is now available to everyone.
- Google offer was sweetened.
- How smart is LookSmart?
- The Yahoo! Searchlight awards.
- Google edges into wireless e-mail.
- Google should make a Linux.
- Google lets you suggest a better translation.
- MSN Soapbox is out of beta.
- Google hears static on radio bid.
- Google sues polish poets.
- Google's grainy video strategy.
- Hakia.com is a new search engine.
Posted 28 February 2007 - 03:10 AM
- Google explains the robots exclusion protocol.
- Google AdWords Editor 3.0 is now available.
- Yahoo shareholders submit 'Plan B'.
- Some Google deal records blocked.
- Google in content deal with media companies.
- Gmail domain dispute looms for Google in China.
- Google selling PR7 links for $10,000?
- Why Microsoft needs Yahoo!
- Microsoft buys health web search company.
- Google flaw left files open.
Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:47 AM
- Google redirector broken?
- Google gtags version 1.0.
- Despite Yahoo's down year, Semel gets a big bonus.
- Former Ask.com Europe CEO joins board of Workcircle.
- Out-of-this-world gala at Google.
- Quigo signs Forbes.com to AdSonar network.
- Catch the earthquake last night?
- Google might work on an OS for mobile phones.
- Online advertising $60 billion in 2010.
- Google almost UK's top advertiser
- Pandia Offers Custom Search For Search Information
- Google News: press releases are OK – Official
- Google Announces Top 10 Gainers for the Week Ending March 3rd
Posted 13 March 2007 - 06:14 AM
- Wikipedia founder plans search engine.
- My Yahoo! gets Web 2.0 makeover.
- Amusing news from search engine past.
- Yahoo Web Small Business Hosting confirms .php bug
- Microsoft's search slugfest.
- Google AdWords change history tool.
- How to restrict search results to a date range.
- There are no methods to get extra high resolution images on Google maps.
- Google Maps adding photos.
- Google Earth urged to remove "Mount H****r" name.
- Confirmed: Microsoft building Google Apps/Zoho competitor.
- Eric Schmidt: Googleâ€™s fancypants chariman.
- Google, Baidu race to set up online library in China.
- Google should buy Ford's Twin Cities assembly plant (humor).
- Rumor: Google about to sign ad deal with Dish Networks.
Posted 20 March 2007 - 05:06 AM
- Google buys game advertising, statistics software.
- Microsoft is offering businesses money to not use Google.
- Google searches for ways to personalize its web site.
- Google exec confirms phone in the labs.
- Microsoft's Tellme acquisition 'accelerates' mobile search competition.
- AOL launched new local search format.
- Market share of alternative search engines.
- Google Webmaster Central Blog jetzt in deutscher Sprache.
- Unofficial Google Trends blog.
- Eurekster raises $5.5M for custom search engine.
- Google signs software deals in two African nations.
- Wife googled 'How to commit murder'.
Posted 04 April 2007 - 02:40 AM
- Anti-Google campaign in London tube.
- Web ad spend overtakes newspapers.
- Google adds a "Maps" navigation link to Google UK.
- Top 100 alternative search engines.
- Nokia might be working on a mobile search engine.
- YellowPages.com releases a mobile search tool.
- WebFetch is a new meta search engine for the UK.
- Yahoo releases Yahoo Underground.
- Google displays fewer ads.
- Some Yahoo search results include automatic spelling correction.
- ZoomInfo search engine makes business information free.
- Snake slithering through Googleplex.
Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:08 AM
- Yahoo tests Alpha, a customizable search engine.
- Bring search results everywhere - on your mobile phone.
- Technorati breaking away, leaving Google behind in the dust.
- A batch of Gmail accounts, accidentally disabled.
- What will become of A9?
- Google's revolution may not be televised.
- Search for Google on Google Video and get nonsense.
- Google personalized search - Don't become a Google traffic addict.
- Google Desktop is now available for Macs.
- AOL Search releases now allows webmasters to buy AdWords just for display on AOL Search.
- Yahoo redesigns site with eye to foreclosures.
- Brazil: Google steps up oversight.
- A fresh, new look for AdSense ads.
- Yahoo 'faced' in social network indecision?
Posted 10 April 2007 - 04:31 AM
Whatever becomes of it, it's good to see some hot-paced innovation out of Yahoo!. Now if only MSN would do the same. And Google too to some extent (they're producing new things but they need to design/implement them better - I had my rant about their patents search). The search engines have been a bit slow in the past few months.
Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:15 AM
More stuff come through.....
- Microsoft urges review of Google-DoubleClick deal.
- Why Google bought DoubleClick.
- Google reaches deal with Clear Channel to sell radio ads.
- Google acquires Internet (satire).
- "Allow Downloads From Google"?
- DodgeBall founder quits Google.
- Brought to you by Goopple.
- China's Baidu.com in domain dispute in Japan.
- Yahoo! and newspaper consortium expand strategic partnership.
Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:03 AM
- Video: Yahoo exec on competing with Google.
- Video: (Google CEO) Eric Schmidt at the Web 2.0 Expo.
- Google base link redirects.
- The end of Googleâ€™s trademark lawsuits.
- Yahoo lobbies for Internet panels.
- IAB declares war on web measurement firms.
- Omniture outperforms Google but 2007 is a critical year.
- Is Google the next Wal-Mart?
- Google Earth ban in Sudan is due to US export restrictions.
- Official Google Mac blog hacked.
- Google is the most powerful brand.
Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:58 AM
- MSN link search still not working.
- Google overtakes Microsoft.
- Meet Google's culture czar.
- Ballmer: No. 1 regret: Being late to online advertising.
- Baidu.com profit soars on ad sales, solid web traffic.
- How to get bought by Google (or IBM, or Oracle).
- Yahoo loses VP of consumer search, to Accel Partners.
- Advertiser requests on invalid clicks.
- Google reportedly to build data center in Belgium.
- Three Ask.com titbits.
Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:19 AM
- About.com buys ConsumerSearch.com.
- Yahoo releases Yahoo Go OneSearch.
- Yahoo Photos going dark as Flickr shines on.
- Yahoo tests a new result page format.
- Google also tests a new result page format.
- Google tests 'Gadget Ads'.
- Google voted UK's most loved brand.
- Google resumes Belgian newspaper links after talks begin.
Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:09 AM
- Who's afraid of Google?
- Google shareholders vote against anti-censorship proposal.
- Google layouts timeline.
- IAC to launch Ask Mobile location-based search service.
- Yahoo starts "Greenest City in America" contest.
- Chinese search engine Baidu sued for trade name violation.
- Trial scheduled in Google "Adwords" case.
- A Google Search URL that removes AdSense ads.
- Google Categories.
- Google Gadgets in your search results.
- A clarification on accidental AdSense clicks.
- Google Earth in Portuguese, Dutch, Russian, Polish, Korean, Arabic, and Czech.
- Dutch domain owner faces legal action from Google.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users