- Microsoft tests Windows Live video search.
- Comcast launches Google based search.
- Google faces patent-violation suit in S. Korea.
- Google temporarily returned no results in Google Argentina due to a bug in their censorship software (screenshot).
- Blinkx to power Lycos video search.
- Google exec stock sales: $7.4 billion and counting.
- Google seeks fund rule exemption to increase investment returns.
- Mr. Google, find me a woman (video, humor).
SE Newslets (Again)
Posted 29 August 2006 - 06:17 AM
Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:49 PM
Some interesting newslets. This might be something that would be a good recurring feature for our forum blog.
Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:59 AM
Search engine newslets
- Ask.com adds emoticon search.
- ChaCha.com is a new search engine "powered by human intelligence".
- Browzar drops Overture after privacy backlash.
- Watch a day of Google traffic on a world map.
- Google now has a Russian blog.
- Google to give data to Brazilian court.
- The web site of Donald Trump has been hacked in Google's results.
- A strange route on Google maps.
Google CEO joins Apple's board
"CEO Eric Schmidt is joining Apple Computer Inc.'s board of directors, the computer maker said on Tuesday, creating a close tie between two of Silicon Valley's most iconic companies."
Posted 13 September 2006 - 02:59 AM
- View where your AdWords ad is showing around the world.
- Yahoo releases a toolbar for Firefox.
- How Digg.com ranks stories.
- Ask.com announces research and development center in Germany.
- HotelWorldMap is a search engine for hotels with Google maps integration.
- Gazerk is a search engine for video gamers.
- Business keywords are the most popular search terms.
- Is Google AdSense for TV coming soon?
- Google updates Google Earth.
- Google says may launch video service in Japan.
Posted 19 September 2006 - 04:29 AM
- Google returns MSN as number 1 result for a "search" search.
- Yahoo tests PayPal icons in search ads.
- MSN has a new AJAX image search.
- Site search has more volume than web search.
- Google introduces featured content for Google Earth.
- The continuing adventures of Google's inconsistent PR team.
- Behind Google's German courtroom battle.
- Google: The new port authority.
- Araby.com is a new search engine.
- Yahoo signs search deal with Acer.
- Hosting Services from the Googleplex?
- Shakespeare Searched is a Shakespeare search engine.
- Apple, Google to team up for video downloads?
- Microsoft ready to launch own Internet video service.
- Google will flex political muscles.
- The rise of Baidu (that's Chinese for Google).
Posted 26 September 2006 - 03:56 AM
- Google has the largest number of dead and old pages.
- Microsoft offers new ways to advertise.
- Google cross-site request forgery.
- A Google page that lists all supported Google country extensions.
- Suit filed against AOL; seeks to block search history storage.
- First half 2006 Internet ad revenue figures.
- About the Google News case in Belgium.
- Marketing on Google: it’s not just text anymore.
- Google plans upgrade for search engine in the fourth quarter.
Posted 03 October 2006 - 05:32 AM
- CFG.Search is a firefox extension that allows you to use Google without sending cookies.
- Google Maps shows a giant insect on a field in Germany.
- N.Y. Google office takes up a block.
- Google buys garage where empire began.
- Yahoo and Hewlett-Packard sign search engine agreement.
- A new search engine rewards users with prizes.
- Costumzee.com is a search engine for halloween costumes.
- Google extends Google transit.
- Read an official Google statement about copyright.
- Ask.com updates weather and earthquake information.
Posted 10 October 2006 - 04:55 PM
- A preview of the new AOL Search is available.
- How Google Q&A works.
- Google underwhelms with "More About..." links in Gmail.
- The Google blog has been hacked right after a blog entry about security.
- Google Movies shows movie showtimes.
- Google launches literacy project to link resources.
- RSS Smart Answers are now available on international Ask.com sites.
- Google released a new beta of Google Groups.
Posted 17 October 2006 - 04:59 AM
- Ms. Dewey is a search engine with a human face.
- Yahoo to simplify e-biz for small companies.
- Ask releases Ask Mobile.
- Earnings predictions: Yahoo and Google.
- Google plans largest U.S. solar-powered office.
- Google not having luck hiring In India.
- Marketers join social web sites.
- Yahoo to show local CBS news clips.
- Google cartoons are available here, here and here.
- Google not spooked by ghosts of deals past.
Posted 24 October 2006 - 05:22 AM
- WebFetch is a new meta search engine that looks more or less like DogPile.
- AskVille is a new answer search engine by Amazon.
- Search engine thrives in Carnegie Mellon's backyard.
- Google releases a (beta) service that allows you to optimize your AdWords landing pages.
- Take a look at the top Halloween searches on Yahoo.
- Yahoo Japan reports 22% rise in quarterly profit.
- Google now has a Polish blog.
- Google buys SpaceShipOne.
- Judge consolidates two class suits against Google.
- YouTube shared user data with studio lawyers.
- Google's authors guild suit drags on. And on. And on.
- Google becomes a political player.
- Google is not invincible: 5 reasons why.
Posted 07 November 2006 - 07:59 AM
- Yahoo now supports the NOODP tag
- Smarter.com is a visual shopping search engine.
- Working with advanced queries in the Live search box.
- Google to begin selling print ads Google to sell newspaper ads.
- Google acquired JotSpot.
- Yahoo improves its Shopping Search.
- Clickriver.com allows webmasters to advertise on Amazon.com.
- Ask.com selected to power Lycos Network Search.
- Fake airline boarding pass creator is Google intern.
- Google denies report on Belgian fines.
- Video: Google's Craig Silverstein speaks at UNC.
- ComScore releases worldwide ranking of top web properties.
- Yahoo in image advertising test on mobile phones.
- Live.com introduces 3D maps.
- Google plans an AdWords landing page update.
Edited by lee.n3o, 07 November 2006 - 08:00 AM.
Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:02 AM
Some more newslets anyway...
- Google, YouTube deal closes at $1.775 billion.
- Google introduces customized home pages for groups.
- Sprinko.com is a new search engine.
- Click fraud lawsuits.
- Google’s Marissa Mayer: Speed wins.
- Is adCenter a Googlebeater?
- Making media with Yahoo! Video.
- Yahoo updates Yahoo! Bookmarks.
- Microsoft, Ask & Fox on Google At Web 2.0.
- Smart Answers lead to smart voting.
- The baby billionaires of Silicon Valley.
- Like.com is a visual shopping search engine.
- CometQuery is a new search engine that wants to challenge Google.
- Take a look at the Google, Yahoo, MSN acquisition chart.
Posted 21 November 2006 - 09:40 AM
- Yahoo follows Google into newspaper ad deals.
- Chinese search engine Qihoo has raised US $25 million in venture capital.
- Yahoo! Maps released from beta.
- Koders benefits from Google attention.
- PCNames.com is a new domain search engine.
- Pronto.com is a new shopping search engine.
- Prank calls from Google maps.
- The race to create a 'smart' Google.
Posted 28 November 2006 - 09:00 AM
- Microsoft offers $200 of free ad clicks (ALTHOUGH Only in the bloody US - Much to my annoyance today !!)
- Google sees big rise in online business.
- Yahoo China head quits after barely 40 days.
- Do not search Yahoo! for 'franchise'.
- Another Google comic strip.
- See a star on Google Earth.
- Italy opens probe into Google over bullying video.
- Oprah visits Yahoo! Answers.
- Do you know Cyber Monday?
- Google sites take UK’s top spot.
- Google flaw adds phishing hole to Web sites.
Posted 05 December 2006 - 06:28 AM
- Google’s top secret advertising network.
- Google shutters its answers service.
- Save Google Answers (humor, video).
- Got answers and nowhere to share them?
- Google to offer Egyptian students new internet services.
- Yahoo, Reuters launch eyewitness photo site.
- The future of web ads is in Britain.
Posted 12 December 2006 - 08:41 AM
- Google doesn't support the search API anymore (SOAP that is... You will have to use AJAX as of 5th December :kicking: )
I thought this was quite funny.....
- Google completely copies Yahoo design.
- Google responds that Yahoo copies Google design.
- Online swindlers shift focus to smaller retailers.
- Critics: Yahoo reorg not radical enough.
- Google 2.0: From search engine to media powerhouse.
- Dick Cheney's Google searches (humor).
- The safety of Internet search engines.
- What Google can't do.
- Yahoo dethroned by MySpace.
Edited by lee.n3o, 12 December 2006 - 08:41 AM.
Posted 19 December 2006 - 05:58 AM
- The best Yahoo Answers of 2006.
- The most popular search terms on Lycos in 2006.
- Microsoft will display Baidu's paid ads in China.
- The top searches on Live.com in 2006.
- Google adds information about ad quality and performance in their help center.
- Yahoo's publisher network has new ad blocking options.
- Google now offers domains for $10/year.
- Google fixes Adwords security flaw.
- Google Finance gets an update.
- Google releases a patent search engine.
- German economics ministers reveals move away from ‘Quaero’.
- NASA and Google to bring space exploration down to earth.
Posted 02 January 2007 - 05:19 AM
- Google top searches: Based on everything and nothing.
- Top 10 mistakes in web design.
- Page view metrics? Bah, humbug!
- Google's open source airbag.
- Yahoo updates toolbar and bookmarks.
- Google in the New Year.
- In search of new Google in Silicon Valley.
- Hackers dent Google's free email.
- The year in Ask 2006.
- Firefox creator loses faith in Google.
- Google accidentally deleted Gmail accounts.
Posted 09 January 2007 - 05:00 AM
- Google's media ambassador: What about us sounds so unfriendly?
- Yahoo China to evolve into business-oriented search engine.
- Keyword ads and meta tags don't confuse consumers.
- Winzy is a new search engine that offers prizes for searching.
- O Googlers, where art thou?
- What do you think about ads in captchas?
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users