- Yahoo may net Bebo owners $1bn.
- Yahoo says 'Been there, done that' to Google redesign.
- Even Yahoo! gets the blues.
- 'Month of bugs' pins bull's-eye on Google, Yahoo.
- Google AdSense disabling arbitrage publisher accounts.
- Google licensing automated 3D building generator.
- Google takes space in Fremont for expansion.
- Microsoft to acquire aQuantive, Inc.
SE Newslets (Again)
Posted 22 May 2007 - 08:28 AM
Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:41 AM
- What's all the noise about....Google Audio ads?
- The end of "no-man's" land in online advertising?
- Can Yahoo mobilize mobile?
- Google can't google?
- Ask.com goes "all in".
- AdSense coming to a video near you.
- Yahoo closes WebJay.
- Reply enters deal with Yahoo.
- Diller: Microsoft/Yahoo would be good for Ask.com.
- Google about accidental clicks on AdSense ads.
- Microsoft pours more cold water on Yahoo-merger speculation.
- Google turns the page… in a bad way.
Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:57 AM
- Yahoo! opens access to search marketing platform APIs.
- Full-featured gadgets for Google services.
- Google, like God, knows what you're doing.
- Trouble at Yahoo?
- A look at whom Google and Yahoo are hiring.
- So easy to send spam using Google Alerts.
- Declutter iGoogle.
- New domains registered to Google.
- Beta 2 of AOL local search now online.
- Google offers new details on its cellphone strategy.
Posted 12 June 2007 - 06:40 AM
- The three dimensions of Ask3D.
- Sputtr.com is a new meta search engine with a nice interface.
- New Ask.com UI gives 20% more user satisfaction.
- The lure of great Google perks.
- First public view of Powerset results.
- The impact of caching on search engines (Yahoo research).
- Betting on Google's next move.
- Hands-on with Google gears.
- Yahoo SiteExplorer web vs. API: answers from Yahoo!
- What you can do about the latest Google Desktop flaw.
- The man behind the Google doodle.
- Google escalates Microsoft battle.
Posted 19 June 2007 - 06:39 AM
- Google eBay - data on the tiff.
- AdWords quietly rolls out IP blocking as a new feature.
- Google's government aid.
- Google Search plugin without personalized search.
- A conversation with Google's personalization guru.
- Local Search for the United Kingdom launched.
- Google & Yahoo battle in search roulette.
- Google's breakneck changes stoke privacy fears.
- Microsoft launches improved MSN Mobile.
- Clusty search engine goes mobile.
Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:52 AM
- Google expands pay-per-action for Google AdWords.
- Yahoo has acquired Rivals.com, an online college sports site.
- Yahoo may buy MySpace for 25% stock swap.
- Yahoo selling entire sub domains to affiliate sites?
- Google Maps adds user generated reviews.
- Google adds finance blog and news blog.
- Google adds two new disallow entries to their robots.txt file.
- Google Spreadsheets processes live data.
- Google Translate launches dictionary.
- Google threatens to close German Gmail due to local law.
- Two top Google engineers leave.
- Google has about 2000 job openings.
Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:18 AM
- Branding matters for SEO.
- That 25% new queries figure? Ballpark estimate, says Google.
- Frustration over Google URL removal tool.
- Google finally acquired GrandCentral Communications.
- Google News: Image version.
- Google sued in UK over defamatory postings in search results.
- Google AdWords tips: Not seeing your ad on Google.com?
- Yahoo hires ethics chief officer.
- Start-ups make inroads with Google's work force.
- Apple iPhone craze: a search volume look.
- Local.com granted local search patent.
- Whac-A-Matt (cartoon).
Posted 03 July 2007 - 10:35 AM
Of note was Yahoo's appointement of an Ethics Chief. Nice work if you can get it. (He has probably already appointed a number of lawyers rather than looking at ethics!)
Pity that he is not chinese!
Posted 10 July 2007 - 05:59 AM
Some more anyway
- Sneaky SEO tactics: bait and cloak.
- Google removes its old remove URL tool.
- Google: Our data retention is not data protection watchdogs' business.
- Google's bid for Double Click to be reviewed by EU.
- Google hits all-time closing high.
- A word of caution about Google Calendar.
- A map of Google products.
- New seven wonders of the world in Google Earth.
- At Ann Arbor Google office, the good life.
- Yahoo responds to reports of site outages.
Posted 17 July 2007 - 10:49 AM
- Google: new warnings feedback.
- Google hotly denies deception over links.
- Yahoo seems to allow banned sites in their paid inclusion program.
- Online video ads: just wait.
- Google PPA... not so great.
- Yahoo hires first NZ employee to push Panama.
- Google wins another copyright case.
- Google cookies: expiring sooner to improve privacy.
Posted 24 July 2007 - 08:34 AM
- Ask Sponsored Listings and Microsoft deliver search advertising to small businesses
- Google adds a message center to its webmaster central.
- Google not always disclosing ads.
- Google stops "Related Links" service.
- Xinu is a new service for website stats.
- Yahoo! to rival AdSense with Tyroo Ads.
- Google streetview camera car fleet set to invade America.
- Google security flaw allows sites to auto-subscribe new RSS readers.
- Ask.com improves its Sitemaps protocol support.
- Google expands print advertising program.
- EU authorizes German online search-engine grant.
- iRazoo is a new search engine.
Posted 24 July 2007 - 09:07 AM
Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:53 PM
Posted 31 July 2007 - 06:24 AM
Well heres the latest set I had through on email this morning...
- Google No. 1 in Germany.
- AdWords Quality Score survey results are in.
- Rumor: AOL to change name to TMZ.
- Google to release Google Finance for Canada.
- Is Google Checkout confusing?
- Humor: Watch Google's Matt Cutts zap a spammer.
- Harry Potter font looks like Yahoo logo?
- Microsoft's local SUV armada vs Google's streetview fleet.
- First case of large scale abuse at Google Maps?
Posted 31 July 2007 - 07:28 AM
If the quality of their post isn't that great (they haven't really added to the post they're linking to in any way — pro, con, or some other observation or commentary), then it's probably the post they link to that should be submitted. But, for some, that isn't what happens; their posts are always the ones they submit.
Tacky, and obvious.
Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:21 AM
Posted 31 July 2007 - 09:07 AM
Posted 07 August 2007 - 05:18 AM
- Yahoo adds search suggestions to its toolbar.
- Google is looking for business referral representatives.
- Take a look at the Google cheat sheet.
- Search engine Accoona files for IPO.
- TechPro's CEO speaks about Google Maps bulk upload abuse.
- Answers.com seeing lower traffic.
- MSN now offers the Space World project.
- Google releases AdWords Editor 4.0.
- Privacy problems: Google tells hacked Gmail users to wait it out.
Edited by lee.n3o, 07 August 2007 - 05:20 AM.
Posted 07 August 2007 - 06:48 AM
Greetings AWS Developers,
The big news since the last newsletter: we have started a limited beta program for Amazon Flexible Payments Service (Amazon FPS), our latest web service. We're excited to see developers already taking advantage of this payments offering and encourage you to learn more about the service below. Also, with the growth of existing services and the launch of new ones such as Amazon FPS, we're looking for enthusiastic members of the AWS community who can help support interest and activity in their local areas. If this sounds like you, please be sure to read about our search for AWS User Group founders.
Amazon Web Services
Read newsletter online
- Amazon Flexible Payments Service (Amazon FPS): Limited Beta Program
- Amazon ECS Powers Facebook.com Applications
- Amazon Web Services User Groups: Looking for Leaders
- Developer Resources: Using Hadoop with AWS, New Amazon ECS Libraries, and More...
- Solutions Catalog Highlights: What Your Peers Are Building
- Upcoming Events
Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:10 AM
- Search engines top best online brands report.
- Yahoo launches its new traffic quality center.
- Google is starting to act like your garden-variety monopoly, says Fortune's Brent Schlender.
- How search engines rate on privacy.
- Google video on online privacy.
- Get ready for a new Live.com.
- Why did Google Answers shut down?
- 10-Q Watch: Yahooâ€™s acquisitions; Yang salary.
- Yahoo paid $160K to lobbyist in 2007.
Posted 21 August 2007 - 02:33 AM
- Warnings Google needs to incorporate.
- Study: web surfers spend more time with content.
- AOL improves its mobile search.
- Microsoft says its web search on positive trajectory.
- Humor: Yahoo invents a new sport.
- Yahoo Local gets a makeover.
- Google introduces the ad traffic quality resource center.
- Like.com: Neat site or serious search tool?
- Google increases stake in China.
- Enterprise 2.0 failure: Can you trust Google Grand Central?
- Yahoo audio search adds samples.
- Google's Eric Schmidt on Web 3.0 (video).
- JohnMu joins the Google Team
Posted 28 August 2007 - 04:59 AM
- Does Yahoo Search hold the key to online spending?
- Microsoft releases experimental search site Tafiti.
- Google result thumbnail.
- See an SEO doodle in Google AdWords results.
- Baidu spanks Google in China's online ad market.
- Forget iPhone, the Gphone is here.
- Web search IPO stalls on underwriter doubts.
- Corrupted DMOZ editors?
- Google may start New York transit guide to boost ads.
Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:00 PM
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority and New Jersey Transit, which together carry more than 9 million people a day, are working with the company to give users one place to go for maps, schedules and trip planners. The agencies serve the five New York City boroughs and suburbs in New Jersey, Connecticut, Westchester County and Long Island.
Looks and acts like a public service, converts like a revenue stream? What would infrastructure funding look like, if the service agency parts of governments thought this way?
Posted 29 August 2007 - 06:21 PM
Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:15 AM
- Who's suing Google?
- Google News now offers original stories.
- Google Checkout precursor Gpay more ambitious than PayPal?
- Wikipedia aims to roll over Google.
- Explore popular Google maps.
- A new "green" Google datacenter in the Netherlands.
- China's Google, Baidu, eyes Japan expansion.
- Google Earth flight simulator.
Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:47 AM
- Google search trends now has a feed (RSS).
- MSN AdCenter adds many new features (PDF).
- Google News adds barely 100 comments in 30 days.
- Google updates the time onebox.
- Google Checkout lost nine days of tracking data.
- Feds OK fee for priority web traffic.
- Yahoo Maps introduces "Send to car".
- EU questions Google customers over DoubleClick.
- Windows Live translator beta is now live.
- Ask.com has new smart answers.
Posted 19 September 2007 - 02:50 AM
- Webmasters get unusual clicks from Microsoft IP addresses.
- Yahoo acquires Zimbra (open source messaging and collaboration).
- Google officially launches AdSense for mobile.
- AOL introduces a new advertising platform.
- iPhone is safe - no "gPhone" coming from Google.
- Google book search tests new design.
- Surprising thumbnails in Google search results.
- Google updates Google Moon.
- Google secures the GoogleDrive.com domain.
- Polish man allegedly arrested for Googlebombing.
Posted 25 September 2007 - 05:06 AM
- Google to "out open" Facebook on 5 November.
- Google to end ad agency subsidy.
- Google Trends is now updated every 24 hours.
- Google releases a new cost per action tool for AdWords.
- Google seeks EU approval to buy DoubleClick.
- Google plans new undersea "Unity" cable across Pacific.
- Local search site Zillow.com gets additional $30 million.
- Google security flaw exposed email addresses.
- Reuters introduces a video search for people.
- New version of Gmail being tested.
- New features in Google Print Ads.
Posted 02 October 2007 - 05:31 AM
- Yahoo has updated its ranking algorithm.
- MSN updates the AdCenter ranking formula.
- Google Street View comes to Europe.
- Steve Jobs, motivational speaker for Yahoo.
- Discovery Channel selling hidden links?
- Search engine Wisenut is no more.
- Google buys mobile social network Zingku.
- Strange Google News headlines.
Posted 09 October 2007 - 06:19 AM
- Ask.com pushes into TV show integrations.
- Yahoo! result pages embed API RSS feed.
- Public transit directions in Google Maps.
- Google Desktop beta 5.5 is available.
- AdWords Ads: what's your location?
- Bernstein's Yahoo break-up plan: search, display, subscriptions
Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:22 AM
- Google releases video filtering system.
- Google updates Linux version of Desktop.
- Take a look at the Google vanity ring.
- Yahoo Site Explorer showing different counts for registered vs. non-registered user.
- Pay me or I'll link to you.
- EU privacy verdict on Google set for new year.
- GOOG-411 graduates from Labs.
Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:57 AM
- Video: Sergey Brin and Larry Page on stage at Zeitgeist '07.
- Ask.com firm palms off Excite Europe.
- iGoogle is now available in 42 languages.
- Google under fire over a controversial site.
- Google promises again to swear off binge hiring.
- The real impact of blended search.
- Google announces third quarter 2007 results.
- Google says its health platform is due in early 2008.
- Google’s purchase of Jaiku raises new privacy issues.
- Empty Google News.
- Ask Commercial: Can your search engine do this?
- Google as friend, or big brother.
Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:59 AM
- IAC Diller: Inked $3.5 billion deal with Google for sponsored listings.
- Google: Better geographic choices for webmasters.
- Is Google a tax avoider or a tax evader?
- AdSense integrated with FeedBurner site ads.
- Google reputation management disaster.
- Blog Search is now included in Google history.
Posted 06 November 2007 - 12:45 PM
Is Google a tax avoider or a tax evader?
This one amused me. Its the same game every smart company plays. Is this a shock to anyone? Minimize your taxes through legal entity structure and accounting smoke and mirrors.
Posted 20 November 2007 - 07:26 AM
- Study shows Google favored over other search engines by webmasters.
- Google Trends reveals people’s predictability.
- Google Maps: edit at your own risk - Google acknowledges bug.
- More information about Yahoo! Search Sports shortcuts.
- 17 more newspapers join Yahoo Group.
- Search startup seeks to be 'Google for IT'.
- Yahoo poised for pain in downturn?
- Microsoft and Yahoo cool to Google Mobile effort.
- [Search engine] ChaCha: a bad idea poorly executed, raises $10 million.
- Watch a link building rap video (humor).
- One search Google won't answer.
Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:32 AM
- Google Talk gadget in 20 new languages.
- Is Google's $10 million Android contest actually slowing developers down?
- Rule based iGoogle themes.
- Australian election results live in Google Earth.
- AOL UK debuts mobile web portal.
- 5 ways Google might monetize natural search results.
- Google News indexing captchas.
- JotSpot to replace Google Pages soon?
- Google replaces Video link with Products link.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users