- Yahoo launches new PDF ad service for publishers.
- Google introduces the AdWords Local PlusBox.
- Google versus the telecoms.
- Ask UK now offers walking and driving directions.
- Ask.com December Smart Answers.
- Rumor: Google's Marissa Mayer to demo Googlephone?
- PayPerPost users freaking out over Google PageRank nuke.
- Yahoo tests "neighbors" for local search.
- Google expunges malware sites from search results.
- Google helps kids to track Santa Claus.
SE Newslets (Again)
Posted 04 December 2007 - 07:45 AM
Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:07 AM
- Google sees surge in iPhone traffic.
- Search is no longer the main feature of Google Desktop.
- Yahoo to benefit from ad demand.
- Parked domain traffic: does it convert?
- Why call centers & live chat are killing paid search conversions.
- MicroHoo? YaBay? No Deal!
- ASCII art in Google AdWords.
- The search party.
Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:23 AM
- Blocking Opera users can also get you in trouble with Google search
- Top 12 reasons to distrust Google.
- Double maps on Google.
- Google to host terabytes of open-source science data.
- EU continues to scrutinize Google-DoubleClick deal.
- The brains behind Google's primary logo.
- Yahoo, T-Mobile say sign mobile Internet ad deal.
Posted 22 January 2008 - 09:35 AM
Posted 29 January 2008 - 05:43 AM
- Search Google Maps without entering an address.
- Google doesn't allow personal attacks in AdWords.
- Google about to release Google Health?
- Rumor: China Yahoo to name new president.
- Ask.com gets more personal.
- Earnings preview: Yahoo.
- Eat Baidu's dust, Microsoft.
- Chuck Norris can hide from Google (humor).
- Creepy Google Maps (humor).
Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:26 AM
- The real reason Google's feeling queasy.
- Google ranks twice for duplicate content with duplicate content.
- Ballmer's internal e-mail to the troops explaining the Yahoo acquisition.
- Dot-com pioneers--where are they now?
- Weird Excite AdWords.
- The apologetic Jerry Yang.
- Google brain wash (humor).
Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:23 PM
Edited by AbleReach, 05 February 2008 - 02:24 PM.
Posted 12 February 2008 - 06:34 AM
- Live Search: Snow reports for skiers and boarders.
- Amazon secretly wants to become a shopping search engine.
- Should IAC (Ask.com) merge with AOL?
- Rumor: Plaxo sold to Google for $200M?
- Rumor: is Google about to buy Bebo for $1 Billion to $1.5 Billion?
- Mysterious Google interface design.
- Google profits from MySpace attackers.
- The strange afterlife of AltaVista.
Posted 19 February 2008 - 09:29 AM
- Google tests video ads on search results pages.
- Screenshots of Yahoo Buzz, a Digg competitor.
- Filings watch: Google’s 10-K: headcount; acquisition spend.
- Web browsing, search, and online ads grow more risky, Google says.
- Lawsuit claims Google stole idea for Sky layer in Earth.
- China's biggest search engine Baidu says HK listing unlikely this year.
- Baidu Q4 revs more than double; net income up 79 percent.
- Microsoft's Yahoo bid ruffles China's Alibaba.
- Google wins Japan's mobile net battle.
- Winner of the Google logo redesign contest.
Posted 26 February 2008 - 04:43 AM
- MSN Search and Ask audience profile.
- Hackers turn Google into vulnerability scanner.
- EU: search engines under EU rules.
- Google to store patients' health records.
- Will Google acquire a Ukrainian web portal?
- Ask.com adds Compete stats to its search results.
- Personalized search is still the holy grail.
- Google’s annual report by the charts.
- Google Mapspam takes on international flavor.
Posted 11 March 2008 - 07:26 AM
- Landing page load time will be incorporated into Google's Quality Score.
- Yahoo dethroned in Taiwan.
- Gmail falls prey to spam bots.
- Google's security certificate expired, scaring buyers away.
- Whatever happened to $900 Google?
- Automated malware hits Yahoo and Microsoft IM.
- GOOG-411 expands outside of United States.
- Google, Microsoft said to be preparing bids For Digg.
Posted 18 March 2008 - 06:28 AM
- Yahoo acquires Israeli Foxytunes.
- Vivisimo raises $4 million for Enterprise Search.
- Google makes DoubleClick employees apply to keep their jobs.
- Imagine there's a MicroHoo (it’s easy if you try).
- Yahoo to move European headquarters to Switzerland.
- AOL acquires social network Bebo.
- Guilty until proven innocent.
- Google Sky is now available for web browsers
Posted 18 March 2008 - 12:53 PM
Posted 18 March 2008 - 03:49 PM
Google makes DoubleClick employees apply to keep their jobs.
Nothing like a short honeymoon. A secondhand source reports that Google has devised a new way to welcome employees of acquired companies into the fold: Make them apply to keep their jobs.
Last week, Google CEO Eric Schmidt warned DoubleClickers that Google still hadn't decided how many (and which) of them to fire. Now, Google has reportedly ordered DoubleClickers to submit their resumes to a committee so Google can determine if they're actually Google material.
That's got to be one of the oddest statements I've ever seen. When you buy a company, you 'also' purchase all the records in HR department, don't you? You also don't buy a company without a reorganization plan, including an identification of all human resource redundancies of the merged organization.
Edited by Respree, 18 March 2008 - 03:50 PM.
Posted 25 March 2008 - 07:03 AM
- Is Twitter the new Google alternative?
- Google AdWords: demographic bidding now available.
- Court: use of trademark in AdWords copy is an infringement.
- Add videos to your Google Local Business Center profile.
- Google wants TV 'white space' for Wi-Fi
- Spectrum auction: Google wins by losing.
- Yahoo Local full of affiliate spam.
- LinkedIn adds company directory.
- Search engine Retrevo closes $8M financing.
- MetaCarta GeoSearch News is a new geographic news search engine.
- Quaero gets off the ground to challenge Google.
Edited by lee.n3o, 25 March 2008 - 07:06 AM.
Posted 08 April 2008 - 08:14 AM
- Google changing trademark policy in the UK.
- New middle-of-page Google Onebox type?
- Track the Olympic Torch on Google Maps.
- Fidelity distancing itself from Google.
- Spock.com pacts with Google.
- Google is Ireland's internet king.
- Google AdWords API coming out of beta.
Posted 15 April 2008 - 05:04 AM
- Search engine market shares in Russia.
- IAC rolls out 'black' search engine.
- 80% of web searches are informational, 10% for transactional purposes.
- Google datacenter locations.
- Yahoo updates Yahoo Maps images.
- Google now indexes web pages that require forms.
- Did you sign Google's noncompete? Good, you're fired.
- Yahoo seems to update its index (discussion).
Posted 15 April 2008 - 08:24 AM
Assuming that Valleywag's report is correct, Google's actions with respect to this noncompete clause seem extremely abhorrent.
The Yahoo update seems intriguing. Unfortunately I never get enough traffic from Y! To be able to confirm or deny this.
Posted 29 April 2008 - 05:00 AM
- Yahoo introduces a variable minimum bid for YSM.
- Google product search has been updated.
- Yahoo tries to find the local center of search queries (PDF).
- Google hiring freeze?
- Yahoo Japan drops most in 2 years on profit miss.
- Google shaking up URLs in search ads?
- Justice dept looking at Google/Yahoo test.
- Google your name, make a movie on what you find.
Posted 06 May 2008 - 05:21 AM
- It seems that Google improves semantic search.
- The biggest Google map spam ever.
- Yahoo! issues statement in response to Microsoft.
- Google yanks open-source project after copyright complaint.
- Take a look at the Indiana Jones search engine.
- Yang takes $1 salary in 2007; Former Yahoo execs made the most.
- Ex-Yahoo CEO Semel exercised $37.8 mln in options.
- The Google paid link dilemma.
- An interview with Google CEO Eric Schmidt.
Posted 13 May 2008 - 08:44 AM
- Yahoo adds geography to search ads.
- Google is a malware site (says Yahoo).
- Cast your vote for the Doodle 4 Google competition.
- Is Google trying solid-state disks?
- Romans spotted fleeing Google Street View cars.
- Viewzi takes visual search to another level.
- Microsoft officially hiring Google killers.
- Google faces human rights votes.
Posted 13 May 2008 - 11:23 AM
Microsoft officially hiring Google killers
Posted 20 May 2008 - 06:33 AM
- Google is testing green search engine result pages.
- Google Translate adds 10 languages.
- Yahoo opens its Search Monkey developer platform.
- Ask.com to acquire Lexico Publishing.
- Yandex Search improves its search algorithm.
- Google Analytics loses a weeks e-commerce data.
- Google assists in arrest of Indian man.
- Shareholders accuse Yahoo of concealing details.
Posted 03 June 2008 - 03:52 AM
- Some kind of Yahoo deal getting closer.
- Belgian newspapers want $77M from Google.
- Google has a new browser favorite icon.
- Google outed as anonymous eBay critic.
- Microsoft Live Search toolbar to be distributed on 2009 HP consumer PCs.
- Google plans to open data centre in Austria.
- North Oaks tells Google Maps: Keep out - we mean it.
- Analysts to Google: buy Salesforce.
- California privacy chief says Google should improve disclosure
Posted 03 June 2008 - 10:08 AM
California privacy chief says Google should improve disclosure
The State of California is really quite ridiculous about privacy. Having a company based in California, four years ago, I was "forced" to comply with this. All of the billions of companies around the world outside of California, didn't.
Their main beef is with this section of the code.
Edited by Respree, 03 June 2008 - 10:09 AM.
Posted 10 June 2008 - 05:22 AM
- Top 10 search terms in 10 categories, April 2008.
- Google Trends goes daily; drops hourly updates.
- Google spending $250k/month on outdoor ads in Russia.
- Google adds TV campaign analytics.
- Google reveals more information about its new browser icon.
- Kaiser backs Microsoft patient-data plan.
- Google opens a datacenter in Lenoir.
- Google and Euro 2008.
- No more video plus boxes in Google's results.
- The Open Directory Project turns 10.
Posted 17 June 2008 - 04:36 AM
- Hot Searches for June 16, 2008.
- Google toolbar available for Firefox 3.
- If it can't find a solution, Google should kill YouTube.
- Is Google making us stupid?
- The AdSense publisher crawl.
- The Google Earth June 2008 update has more unannounced 3D buildings.
- 2D driving simulator on Google Maps.
- Google co-founder Brin books first private space flight.
- Yandex launches mobile search in Russia.
- Yahoo might get a new logo.
Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:58 AM
- Microsoft to Yahoo shareholders: fire Jerry and we might bid again.
- Google considers incorrect location marker reinclusion.
- Google AdSense has turned 5 years old.
- Salesforce extends Google link with new toolkit.
- Google tests new fonts for AdSense ads.
- It gets worse: Joshua Schachter leaving Yahoo.
- Google needs to rethink its customer service strategy.
- A kidnapped AdWords account.
- Google's Matt Cutts: Don't lie in a reconsideration request.
- Google's processing power illustrated.
Posted 24 June 2008 - 05:16 AM
And yet, I use Google, so perhaps, it doesn't need to teach me. More like get out of my way =)
P.S. Is it a concidence that most of the stories are about Google?
Edited by A.N.Onym, 24 June 2008 - 05:20 AM.
Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:09 AM
- Yahoo re-org: A view from the ranks.
- Search ads trigger trademark lawsuit from rival.
- Google "Do you mean??" results baffling.
- Google Euro Championship doodle.
- Google tests the new iGoogle.
- New Google search results pages for BlackBerry users.
- Google tests using your search data to tailor ads to you.
- Pomoc Google: Google Answers for Poland.
- Google spent $620,000 lobbying in 1Q.
- Google employees even get Japanese space toilets.
- New domain extensions available.
Posted 08 July 2008 - 05:27 AM
- How to file a Google reconsideration request (video).
- Google must hand over YouTube data, judge rules.
- 4th of July search engine logos.
- Google to announce second quarter 2008 financial results.
- Storm tracking with Google Earth.
- Live Search maps improves internationally.
- Dubious AdWords?
- Stolen data live on in Google searches.
- Google tries to get a patent for advertising in social networks.
Posted 10 July 2008 - 09:51 AM
In this case, however, Google did remove the cached pages, but it took the company two tries to delete them.
Hmm. Kind of scary.
Posted 15 July 2008 - 05:53 AM
- Scour.com is a new meta search engine with 'social' features.
- How can Google break the ad-free culture on YouTube?
- Google updates Google Earth images.
- Is Gphone for real? Or not?
- Could Google monopolize human knowledge?
- Kohl schedules antitrust hearing on Yahoo, Google deal.
- Google, Viacom now clashing over YouTube employee records.
- Giving some thought to Google, the 'potential monopolist'.
- Is Digg looking to sell to the Guardian?
- Solid growth for Google expected despite economy.
- Google cutting costs?
- Google China's captcha calculator.
- Stanford chooses Yahoo! over Google.
Posted 22 July 2008 - 07:50 AM
- Google study: search marketing increases brand value.
- Google deliberately sells fewer ads ? and may have gone too far.
- Google to acquire Russian context ads service Begun.
- Yahoo announces settlement with Carl Icahn.
- Google 'UK's top consumer brand'.
- New Google search interface looks more useful - see screenshots.
- Search featured: Guy Kawasaki.
- Google anti-gravity ray is fading.
- AdWords Editor service release for Windows and Mac.
Posted 29 July 2008 - 06:11 AM
- Yahoo integrates news into the regular search results.
- Italy is to file charges against Google executives.
- Google's Begun growing very fast.
- Ballmer's catch-22 problem with search ads.
- AdSense farms get a free pass from Google.
- How the colorblind see Google.
- What?s Google News worth? $100 million.
- The Better Business Bureau rates Google as Unsatisfactory.
- Google walks away from Digg deal.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users