Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Have You Ever Seen Yellow Sneakers On A Datacenter?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 JohnMu

JohnMu

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3518 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 02:12 AM

Do you see a difference between this and this? To me it's showing different results from the second line down. I spotted some other searches that show even more differences over the datacenters, but have lost track of them.

Maybe I should just give you all the URL where you can play with these things yourself: http://oy-oy.eu/google/trydc/

You can specify any C-Class datacenter (or all of them) and run a Google-query of your choice on it. It sends it through my server (so you'll have Swiss geotargeting) directly to that datacenter and returns the results just slightly adjusted (so that the links work and the images are displayed, optionally with the javascript removed). It won't give you any "secret information", but if you stumble upon a query that brings unexpected results, you can work out which datacenter it is and let other people use that datacenter directly (this is especially the case with image-search, though I have seen differences in video, news, froogle and even groups as well).

You can do this on your local PC as well, but you'd have to do it manually by adjusting your "hosts" file.

Enjoy!

John

Edit: long URLs have trouble in the redirector here :( - changed over to tinyurls...

Edited by softplus, 04 October 2006 - 02:42 AM.

#2 JohnMu

JohnMu

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3518 posts

Posted 04 October 2006 - 08:53 AM

Edit: darn, those 2 datacenters I picked out are now showing the same results :)

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users