• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lee.n3o

lee.n3o

Cre8asite Tech News Reporter

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1556 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:01 AM

Had this land in my inbox... Started glancing over the page and my god this person is not happy with DMOZ editors :rofl:

http://www.site-refe...ctive-DMOZ.html

#2 BillSlawski

BillSlawski

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15644 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:12 PM

The web is a great place for rants, isn't it?

I'm not afraid to submit to the DMOZ and then just walk away, and if they list a site, great. If not, no worries. I think that's probably the healthiest approach these days.

There are so many other places and ways to promote your site these days, that the DMOZ is probably losing its role as a place to be seen and listed. I'd like to see some evolution out of it, but I'm not sure that we will.

There are so many other places and ways to share information about your site with the world.

DMOZ is becoming more and more a walled garden than a vital open community.

#3 Abhishek

Abhishek

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 November 2006 - 12:51 PM

Hey Bill,

I totally would agree to the approach you mentioned, seeing so, I have xxx sites waiting to be approved and of which, xx I consider are good quality indeed.

But then, not being in DMOZ doesn't tend to make much of a difference to me. As am getting good amount of G-love and rankings are good.

Earlier, I was of the honest impression that DMOZ is a directory of "Good Quality Hand Picked" sites. But this impression was quickly shattered when I scoured through the sites.

To Submit or Not to Submit, is not a tough decision to make, though. It takes barely a few minutes. Why not take the chance! Atleast I always do :) Who knows, who is sitting over there in a very good mood, approving every site that comes his/her way <_<

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users