• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13469 posts

Posted 04 September 2002 - 04:01 PM

Do you wonder what in the world is causing people to leave your web site once they arrive there?

Can they find it all?

Are you selling anything, after all your hard work on that beautiful catalog?

One time I had a potential client. I say "potential" because I didn't take the job. He wanted to know why people weren't ordering items from his site and wanted to hire me to review his site for clues on what he might be doing wrong or what could be improved.

Well. I found the problem fairly quickly. He had no link to the order form!
People may have found a product on his site, but they couldn't buy it because he forgot to put things like "Order Here" on his web pages.

I didn't let him hire me, but maybe once he starts making some sales and discovers people still leave half way through a potential sale, or he isn't getting enough return for his investment (not covering his costs), he'll remember me and ask me for help.

Please don't be afraid to ask questions here. We'll do our best to help. Sometimes it will take a real Web Site review, like the kind of testing I do as a consultant, and sometimes it's something simple or based on a common problem, such as too many banners.

Kim

#2 enigma

enigma

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 December 2002 - 08:44 AM

Kim, agreed.

It took me a long while to find the courage to participate in forum dialog. But I learned. I learned to participate.

It is often difficult to enter a (secular) forum but one must. These are places of interest, banter and, importantly, ability, where decent individuals offer their time and experience to enrich and encourage like-minded sinners to make the effort.

#3 theprintsofwales

theprintsofwales

New To Community

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 06:13 PM

Hi, Bearing Enigma's reply in mind, I figure it's time to dip my toe in the water.
I am a journalist and photographer who's become fed-up with having my employer being paid for my work. So I've a plan to offer my services to a wider - indeed global - audience.
I don;t expect my site to become a "must bookmark" site but it would be nice to sell a few photographs and the products I have in mind. Up to now, I've just had a personal home page site but now I want to build a site - using CoolPage cos I like it and it works for me - which will include forms and response details. I realise I must have - and display - a comprehensive privacy policy and any advice on that subject would be gratefully received.
I also need advice and details on how to add forms which prospective clients can complete to give me personal - but NOT sensitive or financially insecure - details which I can use to complete their order.
What do I need to carry out these tasks which, on the face of it, seem fairly simple and innocuous but frankly, I don'[t know where to start.
If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would be grateful. Thanks for your time.
Best wishes :D
The Prints Of Wales

#4 invader

invader

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 07:17 PM

Ok i'm going to try not to be philosophical or something, but i realized that internet is the true democracy. It is the complete freedom of an individual. One can learn, if one wants to, without restriction. There is unlimited information waiting to be captured.
Sharing of thoughts obviously makes it more accessible and friendly.
Wishing to share the knowledge doesn't shrink it.
That is why i just love this forum. In particular.

#5 LiviLou

LiviLou

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 02 March 2005 - 02:22 AM

I love the name of this thread. It really captured my attention. But I have to agree, the only dumb question is one not asked. Thanks for being there for me as I learn. All the time and effort that has gone into this is appreciated very much.

#6 takius

takius

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:29 PM

Its quite invigorating to know that this forum is created to help and not simply a means to show off ones prowess in the IT world. I for one is not that knowledgeable when it comes to all that IT stuffs however I am very much willing to learn and to listen to whatever knowledge you people are willing to partake to me.

So, when will the lesson starts?

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users