• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13638 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 06:47 PM

The interview with Mike Mcdonald from Webpronews is now up. It was done at SES Chicago.

On Aesthetics and Usability in Design

#2 swainzy

swainzy

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3322 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:15 PM

Kim,
That was fun! It's so cool to see someone "in person"/on video. I learned stuff (usability and accessibilty - the framework first, then design). You looked pretty and sounded great esp. when you chuckled. Loved that. :thumbs:

#3 projectphp

projectphp

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3935 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:39 PM

You came across really well Kim. REALLY well.

And your accent was only a bit annoying :) (says the man with the Aussie accent, the second harshest after South Africans that there is).

Bravo!

#4 rmccarley

rmccarley

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

I really liked it. I thought it was cool to put a voice to the face. Next time, wear the Wonder Woman helmet though. That would be awesome!

I really like your ideas on usability and you gave me more stuff to think about. :)

#5 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5497 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:54 PM

Nice interview Kim. Enjoyed seeing and hearing you. Thanks!

#6 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13638 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 10:55 PM

Gawd! These things are so tough! I'm all wigged out because of the weight gain due to the knee mess (MRI Friday...meet with surgeon on 1/22 to see about replacing at least one knee asap)...

And after the interview Eric says, "You have to learn to control your giggle."

As. if. :banana: :)

You can't tell, but Mike (the interviewer) has the most incredible eyes...that kept me focused. :woohoo:

#7 projectphp

projectphp

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3935 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:13 PM

Funny, but everyone has a "voice" in my head. For some reason, Kim,. you came out pretty close to what I expected.

Tim, OTOH,a nd Sophie, neither were within cooee, as I never imagine Aussie accents on forums (Ammon was also a long way off. Dunno why, I forget what I thought he sounded like!)

Perhaps we should all record a simple message so everyone can get our "voice" right :P

#8 swainzy

swainzy

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3322 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:20 PM

And after the interview Eric says, "You have to learn to control your giggle."

Never, it's what makes a human charming. It's what shows the light is on inside. Joy slips out in many forms and those giggles were one form. You may have gained some weight Kim but you are still a very beautiful woman.

And I'm not gay! :P

#9 BillSlawski

BillSlawski

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15644 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:22 PM

Very nicely done, Kim.

#10 send2paul

send2paul

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2908 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:04 AM

OMG - Kim - it was YOU.... lol - "control giggling" - ha! :banana: :banana:

I won't be going back to look at Mike's "dreamy eyes" (!), but he did sail a tight ship with the interview and he think he did you justice with the right questions/comments.

Nice one :)

Paul

p.s. when are you starting the chat show circuit? :P

#11 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13638 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:14 AM

Paul...on 1/25 I join Bill, Liana Evans, and others for a dinner gathering outside Philadelphia. Maybe we should bring a camera?

everyone has a "voice" in my head

I have a low voice, until I get excited and then it ramps up higher. You're right though, about there being an accent. I picked up on weird way's some words landed...which is different than hearing myself talk in my own head. I don't think I have an ounce of the Philadelphia accent at all! Odd, since I live so close to that city.

#12 send2paul

send2paul

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2908 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:44 AM

I think we, (mods/admins), should all post our own introductory YouTube videos and embed them in our "Behind The Posts" profiles! :)

Yes Kim - take a sneaky digital camcorder to dinner - let's all 'ave a laff later :P

#13 projectphp

projectphp

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3935 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 02:39 AM

I would like to see that video as well :P

I will do a video entry tonight for my BTP thread tonight :)

#14 Brad

Brad

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:01 AM

That was a well done interview, both the questions and the answers. What struck me was that if mainstream media had done the interview it would have been elaborately dumbed down, but in this neither the interviewer nor you, Kim, ever talked down to the audience. Excellent.

Anyway, you looked like you had been doing interviews for years. Good stuff. I would have been scared out of my wits.

#15 Ruud

Ruud

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 4887 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 08:24 AM

Wow, that's really nice! You should be doing a video blog.

I only noticed the "giggle thing" because you've drawn my attention to it. On the whole I found that you came across as knowledgeable, professional and human.

#16 projectphp

projectphp

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3935 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:10 AM

and human.

And that the tooth! That was the word I couldn't think of, thanx Ruud. You came accross as anything but a snake oil sales(wo)man who tries to use complciated words to sound smarter than they are. You just sounded down to Earth and practical :)

#17 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:08 AM

Mike (the interviewer) has the most incredible eyes.

That's funny. I was thinking the same thing about you.

#18 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13638 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 01:54 PM

Have to admit this has been such fun because for so many years, most of you members and moderators just had no idea of what I look or sound like, other than avatars :)

I'm not much for being in front of cameras...never have liked it. I did, however, put up two pictures on my Flicker site of me in 1995, when I was known on the Internet as "Dancing Thunder". You can see more of the Native American influence in them. As well as the obvious fact that I was much LIGHTER. :)

Anyway, thank you for the comments. I was sooooooooo nervous about how that video would turn out :panic:

#19 eKstreme

eKstreme

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3400 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:00 PM

Hey Kim, this is a great video. You hammered home some ideas very eloquently. Well done!

Pierre

#20 sanity

sanity

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6889 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:37 PM

That was great Kim. And I also loved finally seeing and hearing you. Don't drop the giggle it makes you who you are - clever of course but also fun loving and nice. Much prefer that to some boring suit.

#21 JohnMu

JohnMu

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3518 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 07:52 PM

Well done, Kim! I like the interview :clap: :flowers:

Now that you're in the movies, can we get an autograph? :naughty:

John

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users