• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13470 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 03:03 PM

I would like to thank those of you who voted in our first attempt to find a way to help support education for the SEO/M and web design industries.

You may remember our poll. The original thread was pulled into the "backroom" while the staff finalized everything.

We have chosen to issue scholarship funds to:

SEMPO
Fresh Egg
Search Engine College
Bruce Clay SEO Toolset
Human Factors International

There was a tie for 4th place, between Bruce Clay and HFI, so I decided to let them both have funds.

Each has been notified that we have set aside $400 for each Cre8asiteforums Educational Scholarship Fund. This is a total of $2000 from our ad revenue. Criteria for selecting recipients is up to them, but it is our hope they will take you, Cre8asiteforum members, into strong consideration. Should you wish to apply or notify any of them of your interest, you are welcome to do so. They may also promote how they will determine awardees, which will offer you more guidance.

Once they notify me of a recipient, I will issue payment on behalf of that student.

In addition, funds from our revenue are going to support several moderators who wish to pick up courses somewhere. This is similar to how companies train their employees.

From the original thread, we (you and us) discussed other possible ways to use revenue generated by ads:

Running list for how to do this with 2007 ad revenue/forums (or spare funds from 2006)
donations

1. Fund a resource section at the forums

2. Books - prizes, gifts

3. Courses

4. Certification

5. Online courses

6. Scholarship funds

7. Internship sponsorships

8. Conference sponsor

One of my resolutions for the year is to get our ad software program working better, and getting help with answering ad requests. I've not been able to keep up, and our software has been in need of attention. As these things get worked out, my hope is to be able to do more fun and productive projects like this that benefit our industries, and those of you who wish to keep striving to learn more.

Thank you again for working with us on this adventure :)

#2 Kal

Kal

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 11:35 PM

Wow! Thanks everyone who voted for Search Engine College. We are absolutely delighted to be selected as one of the training programs for scholarships. In fact, we would like to match cre8asite funding dollar for dollar and sponsor a second recipient from these forums to the tune of $400 to put towards a course of their choice.

We look forward to announcing the lucky recipients in the near future. Thanks Kim and team for the opportunity to be involved!

Added:

We have now announced the first recipient - congratulations Elizabeth! ( ablereach )

Edited by Kal, 20 January 2007 - 07:37 AM.

#3 DianeV

DianeV

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 7216 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:48 AM

Very nice. I'm pleased to hear that the forums are doing so well. :)

#4 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 03:09 PM

This is so cool. I can't begin to describe how unexpected and treasured the whole Cre8asite experience has been for me.

I'm going to pow wow with Kal and let her help me decide what to take. Yummy.

I'll go for the instructor-led route, because I feel that option sets the Search Engine College apart, and I never could resist an opportunity to get a peek at the people behind the curriculum. I also want to choose something that will help me help the forums both behind the scenes and out front. I can't think of anything I could take on for this community that wouldn't also help me personally.

And, I'm taking a page from the Rebecca interning @ Fresh Egg book - I'll be blogging about the experience.

added - (LOL) THANK YOU!

Edited by AbleReach, 20 January 2007 - 03:10 PM.

#5 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13470 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

We have sent word to Kalena our pick for a Cre8asiteforums member voted to be awarded for the SECollege 2nd scholarship fund. Stay tuned!

#6 Kal

Kal

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 20 January 2007 - 09:16 PM

Yes, the second recipient has now been chosen. Congratulations Miriam! (SEOigloo)

I'll be in touch with both recipients via PM soon.

#7 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:01 AM

Oh my goodness!

Oh my goodness!

I am so flattered...honoured! How kind. How very kind. We are so stunned. Thank you, to everyone! My most sincere thanks....I am so looking forward to speaking with someone soon about this, so we better understand how this works, but at the moment, I am just sitting here with the sense that I'm having a dream. Wow! Heavens! Oh my goodness!

THANK YOU :)
Miriam

#8 cre8pc

cre8pc

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13470 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:19 AM

LOL

I congratulate myself for not spilling the beans and waiting for Kal to do it, LOL

We felt as though you were working so hard and giving as much as you get here...we're happy to do this.

Btw, who knew you were such a fantastic artist?

#9 send2paul

send2paul

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2905 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 12:59 AM

Congratulations Miriam - and good luck with the course! :wacko:

Paul

#10 bwelford

bwelford

• Site Administrators
  • 9005 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 08:23 AM

Congratulations, Elizabeth and Miriam. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun and a great educational experience.

:applause:

#11 Kal

Kal

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 January 2007 - 11:52 PM

I have formally announced Miriam as the second recipient. Congrats Elizabeth and Miriam! I'll be in touch with you both via PM shortly.

#12 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:55 AM

If possible, I'm even more excited now than I was yesterday, having looked over the courses at Search Engine College. This is just super! Thank you to Kal, to Kim and all of the mods for making this possible for us. I am so looking forward to beginning this, and to blogging about it. This is such a fine chance for us to see not only how well we know what we know, but also to find out what we don't know.

Again, so honored to be chosen!!!
Miriam

#13 rmccarley

rmccarley

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 642 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:52 AM

Congrats Miriam - you deserve it! :)

#14 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:49 PM

Thank you, everyone, for the congratulations!
I've tried to thank you more formally on my blog:
http://www.solaswebd...wordpress/?p=52.

We're having a gloriously tough time determining which classes to take at Search Engine College. Kal let me know today that at some point this year, they intend to offer an Analytics class and this is so appealing to us. Hmm...decisions, decisions... Thanks everyone!

#15 sanity

sanity

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6889 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:03 PM

Congratulations Liz and Miriam. I look forward to your blogs about the experience.

Thanks Kal - matching our fund was a lovely gesture.

#16 AbleReach

AbleReach

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

Kal let me know today that at some point this year, they intend to offer an Analytics class and this is so appealing to us.

Oooo, yum, analytics....

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users