9 replies to this topic

#1 stever

stever

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:25 AM

Hi,

It has taken us a few months, but we read what everyone said here, we listened, and we developed some new applications. See also our message under Measuring Your Success and elsewhere. There is a lot to talk about here.

The sites are located at

justASKthem.com
and
ASK3.com

For those who did not see our earlier messages, ASK3 is a way of displaying survey questionnaires inline three questions at a time.

Inline Frames - We have dropped the Java for the moment. We will still have a Java version available, but for now we are focusing on other methods. The Java was very flexible in terms of size and configuration. We spent a lot of time working on the Java admin section. But for these new versions we have limited the size and configuration somewhat in exchange for applications that can actually be seen my more people and that put less of a load on the user's server.

Flash - We also have a Flash version available.

AdSize. We have created a set of abbreviated questions and answers that fit in a standard 120 X 240 vertical banner web ad space as defined by the Interactive Advertising Bureau and Google's AdSense .

And, Yes Kim, we now have a Technical Blog ASK3 survey.

Looking forward to your comments.

Also, we are stil looking for a few new beta testers for ASK3. If you are interested please send me a private email (mod note, see their sites for where or use our PM system). The system is operational so you will have to log in and register. Normally the next step would be to set up payments via Paypal, but we can give beta testers a special code for free access.

Thanks,

Steve

<<<Edited to consolidate two posts. Email removed for privacy protection of member. KKB.>

Edited by cre8pc, 22 January 2007 - 08:41 PM.

#2 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13624 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:32 AM

Original Website Hosp thread, for testing the app:

here

Congratulations on all the hard work!

#3 Charlesv

Charlesv

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 05:45 PM

I setup a survey on my blog, the iframe makes it much more manageable then the old java survey. The only things I see where things could be improved is some constancy between the front end and adminstration design.

#4 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13624 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:04 PM

Which reminds me, Steve is also interested in getting SEO advice on both sites.

For example, does having the survey on a page hurt with search engines?

What can they do to improve organic SEO itself?

They are also experiencing some headaches with GoogleAdSense. I suggested to Steve to try Yahoo!. Are there other ad programs anyone can recommend to them?

I know they deeply appreciate the feedback :)

#5 Charlesv

Charlesv

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 February 2007 - 04:29 PM

So far I have not seen iframes affect search engine placement, though if it prevents duplicate content on the same site it will prevent your site ranking from being penalized.

#6 tinkerbellchime

tinkerbellchime

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 11:10 AM

charlesv,

I thought the 'final answer' on the issue of duplicate content was that Google doesn't penalize for it but rather only counts it once. I'm not just taking their word for it either. I write curriculum for a school district, and I posted some pdf files that were basically duplicate and the pages didn't get penalized. It is an educational unit designed for four different skill levels: beginning low, beginning high, intermediate low, intermediate high/advanced, so only some of the pages are different, but many pages like the letter of introduction, table of contents, scoring rubric, list of state objectives, etc. are the exact same. The beginning high packet is the one Google uses for searches, which is the one I would have recommended if they had asked.

Christina

#7 Charlesv

Charlesv

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 04:20 PM

About 2 years ago I created a dynmaically created site with just different city names and links. After that modification the ranking for the page fell quite low. That site had some where around 1000 pages and the difference was not much at all.

After thinking about it a bit I would figure the survey app in the html or as a iframe would not matter at all. Other wise stuff like navagation would cause problems with search engines.

Charles

#8 tinkerbellchime

tinkerbellchime

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 17 February 2007 - 06:17 PM

SteveróI like your surveys. I can see a lot of potential good coming from them. Grouping three questions together is a smart idea. Kim mentioned that youíve been having a problem with Google Ad Sense. Could you elaborate?

Also, you have some really great prices, but I had trouble finding pricing information on the home page and had to wander around the site to find it. I was surprised by the low prices, but now I'm wondering why you aren't bragging about them on the home page. Or maybe I didn't look hard enough?

Charles--I like it when people share things that actually happened. There is so much misinformation out there that itís hard to know what to believe.

Christina

Edited by tinkerbellchime, 17 February 2007 - 06:44 PM.

#9 Charlesv

Charlesv

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 February 2007 - 03:36 PM

Some times the misinformation is true for a certian site or only true for a certian time. What I do know is that google does have people review web sites to remove spam and alter page ranks. This can cause a bit of confusion if say one method seams to work really well for one site and not at all for another.

#10 stever

stever

Honorary Member

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 04:49 PM

SteveróI like your surveys. I can see a lot of potential good coming from them. Grouping three questions together is a smart idea. Kim mentioned that youíve been having a problem with Google Ad Sense. Could you elaborate?

Also, you have some really great prices, but I had trouble finding pricing information on the home page and had to wander around the site to find it. I was surprised by the low prices, but now I'm wondering why you aren't bragging about them on the home page. Or maybe I didn't look hard enough?

Charles--I like it when people share things that actually happened. There is so much misinformation out there that itís hard to know what to believe.

Christina

Thanks everyone to your responses. I did not see this until just now.

Christina, Google will not allow us to put up the ASK3 application in Flash. They don't allow any inline frames at all. The problem with the Flash is that ASK3 places a call to and gets the question data from our server. Google does not like 3rd party servers. We asked for an exception, but they said "No".

Thanks for the note about the pricing. I think that we have remedied that for now.

I spent a little time chatting with some eBay sellers and found that they didn't even like $50/month. We were offering $50/month for up to 1000 responses, so now we are just charging 5 cents a response. That should work better.

We did have one beta tester who placed the ASK3 checkout survey on their shopping cart. They got a 70% response rate over the course of a month - about 750 responses out of 1100 visitors.

Does anyone else want to give it a try. We can make it free for Cre8asite forum beta testers.

Oh, and here's something new - Posted Image - ASK3 works on mobile devices too.

Thanks,

Steve

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users