4 replies to this topic

#1 Nicholas

Nicholas

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 07:55 PM

Hello Forum,

Not 100% sure if this is the place to post this but what the heck i'll give it a shot here.

I have a site that is dedicated to several topics about Costa Rica. I am trying very hard to fit Weather, Maps, Provinces and other information in here, i'm just not quite sure what to call this area.

I have found that Costa Rica Facts, Costa Rica Weather are both high volume terms for Costa Rica.

I thought maybe Local Facts, Facts or Local Information would be a good title, Guide was also recommended.

What do you guys/gals think about this?

#2 Respree

Respree

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5901 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 08:27 PM

No harm in trying. :angry:

Perhaps you can put your question in a little better context. When you saying you're trying to fit all that information in "here," where is "here?" Are you looking for keywords (or keyphrases), page titles, navigation, how to structure your site, put them all into a logical grouping?

Not clear what you asking for. Who is your target audience? Tourists? Locals?

#3 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13454 posts

Posted 09 February 2007 - 09:03 PM

I have the same questions as Garrick.

One way of approaching link labels is to consider them from a task perspective. What will your visitors do when they click?

Get weather?

Find maps?

Discover local highlights?

The first word is action oriented, the second points to the topic.

Grouping them into one category?

Same thing.

Exploring Costa Rica

Getting around Costa Rica

Not as specific, but the focus is on the task. :angry:

To aid in understanding what they can do, use a title attribute if they are text links and alt attributes if images, and enter descriptive content there.

#4 Nicholas

Nicholas

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 10 February 2007 - 02:55 PM

Sorry for the delay.

Basically I have several areas. For instance "real estate", "directory", "tours", "hotels", "extras" but I am missing the area title like those above (also used as the directory name) that will contain weather, exchange rates, maps all only for Costa Rica.

If I search "Costa Rica" the alternate searches at the bottom return Costa Rica Facts, Costa Rica Weather as two of the options. So I thought maybe to use Local Facts or something to that nature as it incorporates that keyword however again i'm not 100% sure it's clear to the user what that is.

#5 Nicholas

Nicholas

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:57 PM

I think i've come to the consensus that "Info & Facts" is the best name for this section as it contains both Information about Costa Rica (weather, exchange rate) and Facts about Costa Rica (province stats).

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users