4 replies to this topic

#1 Souravi

Souravi

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 08:07 AM

Hi,
    I am Souravi and I am new to this Search Engine World. I want to become a SEO.I have already started some online classes but I getting puzzled so as to what to learn and what not to.I want have some sort of Guidance from you guys to be in the right track. Can anyone plsease suggest me from where I should start and how would I continue so as to become proficient in SEO and SEM?

#2 Guest_joedolson_*

Guest_joedolson_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:28 PM

There isn't anything you shouldn't learn, to start. It's not a question of reducing what to learn, but of thinking critically about the concepts before attempting to apply them. Some techniques are riskier choices than others --- whether these are risks you're prepared to take for your potential clients or not is a different question, and one you should investigate.

Participating in conversations here is a good start. There's a lot of knowledge at Cre8asite, and we're very willing to share. Another place to start is by reading extensively. There are a lot of worthwhile resources online.

Rand's Beginner's Guide to Search Engine Optimization would be a good starting place.

#3 AndySEO

AndySEO

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:57 AM

I agree with Joe here, I have had a look at Rands Beginner and it has to be the best place to start, again this forum is a great place, I've been a member a day and I'm already learning so much more from everyones honest and reliable advice!

Depending on whether this is your thing aswell it may be worth looking at some books of some sort maybe, although you can find that the information becomes outdated or can be biased if your looking at the wrong sort of book :D.

I guess jumping in at the deep end and experimenting may also be worthwhile, best to get someone with more experience to back this one up as they may not agree, and I'm not one to say as I am still in the learning boat!

My best advice would be to give this forum a thorough browsing and ask any questions you may have, your going to get honest and professional answers!

#4 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 07:55 PM

How about our very own Quick kick-start guide to SEO and marketing. Though Rand's guide is good, this one has many gems as well (possibly, the ones Rand used to create the guide, too).

#5 Karl Ribas

Karl Ribas

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 08:03 PM

I've read both resources and can vouch for both. They are certainly good starting points.

I also like Andy's suggestion about just jumping in. And as Joe mentioned, you shouldn't want to limit what you learn... rather learn all you can and then make your own decisions on when and what you should offer in your SEO efforts.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users