• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kevs

kevs

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 10:44 PM

I just checked out 10 directories, and on the inner page that would be appropriate for me 9 were not indexed (Gimpsy included). I'm really amazed and now fed up with directories. these are long standing legit good directories who may have have the page navigatied before mine indexed. But that doesn't do me much good right? You would waste you time and money if your page most apprpriate for you listing was not listed in a reputable directory?

#2 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:13 AM

That is one risk of submitting to a directory, even one that has been around for a while..

I mentioned in another post that I try to look for directories that actually look like they are being used, and might deliver some traffic independently of any other considerations. You see one reason why, now.

#3 kevs

kevs

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 760 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 12:45 PM

Is that an agreement, not to bother if not indexed?

#4 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 17 March 2007 - 01:00 PM

I'm not sure if I wouldn't bother, but I'd make sure that I'd find other directories to be listed within, and do other things to get links to my site.

It doesn't hurt to create a list of linking opportunities and hold off on submitting to some while you look for other possibilities. Keep them in a spreadsheet, along with the ones that you've linked to, so that you can keep track of them.

#5 Souravi

Souravi

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 19 March 2007 - 05:15 AM

Hi Kevs,
Thts unfortunate on your part not to get listed in the best directories inspite of having all ingredients needed for it. Are you sure that these are quality directories?I mean whts the page rank?is it more than 6 ?
I would suggest you to check the PR of the Website Directory before you act.Use this SEO tool.I hope it will help.If u correct the basics,that will prove good to you.
Thanks

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users