• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 varun8211

varun8211

Ready To Fly Member

• Banned
  • 19 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:19 PM

Is there any free GOOD learning center to learn Spanish ?

#2 BillSlawski

BillSlawski

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15644 posts

Posted 02 April 2007 - 11:19 PM

Hi Varun,

I haven't searched for any sites that offer online tutorials for learning Spanish. I suspect that you would come across a number of them in a search on the Web.

I wonder how big a market there is, or there might be in the future for personal language lessons online.

This page lists a very large number of online tutorials, for beginners through advanced students;

http://www.llas.ac.u...x?keywordid=599

#3 hispanicus

hispanicus

New To Community

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:36 PM

Here you could get a free Spanish sample class:

*REMOVED URL WITH THE WORD "SPANISH" MISSPELLED*

:huh:

Edited by eKstreme, 03 May 2007 - 06:24 PM.

#4 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13680 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:56 PM

Who says forums give out inaccurate information? :cheers: :blink:

#5 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:29 PM

I love it when people ask this question because it gives me a chance to tell them about a program that taught me oodles of Spanish.

It is produced by the Annenberg Foundation and is called Destinos. It is a 52 episode serial in which you follow a Mexican-American lawyer to Spain, Argentina, Puerto Rico and Mexico as she investigates an interesting case she's been hired for. This is, hands down, the best foreign language program I have ever seen in my life.

In my state, California, they showed this on public television, both for home viewers and for college students who use this program as a course material in conjunction with a textbook and workbook you can buy. I have taught several different foreign languages, and I have to say, I only wish they would produce materials as fine as these for other languages. They make learning natural, a real pleasure, and far more like the way a native speaker apprehends a language from listening to others speak it.

If it's okay with the mods, I'll give a link here: http://www.learner.o...s/series75.html
The wonderful thing is that learner.org recently put all of the episodes on-line, so you can watch them from your computer if local public TV isn't airing them in your region.

I cannot speak highly enough about this course and strongly believe that by repeatedly watching the entertaining episodes, anyone would pick up a ton of useful Spanish.

Hope this helps!
Miriam

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users