7 replies to this topic

#1 richnaimyseo

richnaimyseo

New To Community

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 05:36 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have a question for you all. Search Submit Express do you use it. Everything I have read about the service says it a waste of time and money. My site is being crawled every 7-14 days. I currently don't see any value, however never donkey-U-Me! What are your thoughts! Below is the letter I received.

Yahoo! has released a new product called Search Submit Basic. The Search Submit Basic program includes many of the same features as the predecessor search submission product with a few changes. Most notably, the new program is available for a flat fee, with no additional cost-per-click (CPC) charges. You pay an annual fee of $49.00 per URL (limit 5 per domain) regardless of the amount of traffic that is delivered to your website!

The new Search Submit Basic service includes the following features:

Weekly refreshes (crawling and indexing)
Secure Subscriber area
Daily click-through reporting (top 10 performers)
Daily keywords & ranking reports (top 10 performers)
Submit up to five URLs per domain
Ability to change URLs (within the same domain)
Interactive help feature for site optimization
Access to SEO tutorial

Thanks in Advance
Rich Naimy SEO

#2 kulpreet_singh

kulpreet_singh

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 05 April 2007 - 07:42 PM

I can't speak for others but I once (and only once) went with Search Submit Express and noticed little or negligible benefit.

#3 Ruud

Ruud

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 4887 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 12:40 AM

Imagine having a public telephone number and paying someone to submit it every so often to the telephone directory.

'nuff said.

#4 mydream

mydream

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:48 AM

Well,  

1) if your site is new or
2) if you modify your site frequently regarding SEO stuffs and if you want to see the result faster,

you should get this service.

#5 rynert

rynert

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 858 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:37 AM

Well,

1) if your site is new or
2) if you modify your site frequently regarding SEO stuffs and if you want to see the result faster,

you should get this service.

If your site is new, just get a few links from existing crawled pages - job done.

If you modify your site frequently, as long as you have done the above, google et al will keep coming back to grab your new content.

#6 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 9339 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:45 AM

I believe this carries one of the biggest benefits of the old paid inclusion service, albeit cut down somewhat, and without the CPC element on the bill.

Pay atention to the small details:

Daily click-through reporting (top 10 performers)

Click-through reporting can give you a highly accurate figure of precisely how many searches were made, direct from the actual search engine.

I presume this still carries the original main benefit too, of indexing an optimised feed rather than the page itself, which is therefore effectively legitimized (sanctioned) cloaking.

#7 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 07:48 PM

Can't you get your top performers from a basic stats/analytics program?

Ammon, could you please clarify what you mean under 'optimised feed' and why submitting it to Yahoo helps? I don't see any cloaking there, as when the improved page is reindexed, there's nothing to do for the submit thing.

#8 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

• Hall Of Fame
  • 9339 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 12:09 AM

Can't you get your top performers from a basic stats/analytics program?

You can get a good idea of how many visitors you got, but you can't get how many searches were made on Yahoo, or what percentage of all those searches you got.

Ammon, could you please clarify what you mean under 'optimised feed' and why submitting it to Yahoo helps? I don't see any cloaking there, as when the improved page is reindexed, there's nothing to do for the submit thing.

Paid Inclusion doesn't actually index your page - it indexes a feed, which you are allowed to optimise separately, and even given guidance on how to optimise it. That part was mentioned in the bullet-point list of features as: "Interactive help feature for site optimization." That's so that Paid Inclusion can be a really useful option for people with flash sites, etc.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users