5 replies to this topic

#1 MainStreet228

MainStreet228

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 02:15 PM

Hi Everyone,

Would anyone know a faster way to put keywords in phrase match, exact match and broad match without having to type the "", []

I'm talking about using thousands of keywords and having to type "" or [] can be a pain.

Thanks

#2 Jozian

Jozian

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

Main-

I copy the listings into an Excel column and then write forumlas that add the extra bits.

You will want to create a concatenate function using a formula something like like this:

=+ "&nbsp;" & "<a target='_blank' title='" & B11 & ", "& $B$9 & "' href='" & C11 & "'>" & B11 & "</a>"

And you will need to lookup the synax for putting in double quotes since your output included quotation marks.

Finally, copy the results you get and then paste into another row using Paste Special | Values Only

Then copy that result and paste into the key add box. Fini.

-Jeff

Edited by Jozian, 06 April 2007 - 10:19 PM.

#3 MainStreet228

MainStreet228

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the help. I have OpenOffice 2.0. Would you know if its possible to write code using that software ?

Thanks

#4 Jozian

Jozian

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:24 PM

Main-

I am sure you can do it in OpenOffice.

The premise is the same, but the commands and formulas will likely be a little different.

BTW, I use this technique all the time to edit and enhance lists of items. Spreadsheets are great for simple data manipulations like your issue.

In fact, the formula I gave as an example is used to dynamically build wikipedia links to a list of cities. Once setup, all I do is paste in the names and the html code pops out :)

-Jeff

#5 minut

minut

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

try

http://www.mikes-mar...n/adwrapper.cgi

#6 MainStreet228

MainStreet228

Mach 1 Member