• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1884 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 02:19 AM

According to the Yahoo search ranking advice, we should all be using the Yeyword metatag:

Use a "keyword" meta-tag to list key words for the document. Use a distinct list of keywords that relate to the specific page on your site instead of using one broad set of keywords for every page.

I don't remember seeing this the last time I looked at the page, is it something new (revisited)?

#2 Ruud

Ruud

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 4887 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:29 AM

It was in there in 2005 according to the Wayback Machine.

Although back then they still called it "keyword" instead of "yeyword" :) I like that term though; yeyword :)

Using meta description and keyword makes sense and seems like common sense. Those who have been doing it consistently and honestly haven't had to scram to get it in place in order to get duplicate content down.

#3 lee.n3o

lee.n3o

Cre8asite Tech News Reporter

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1556 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:34 AM

Jon Glick of Yahoo stated about Yahoo using the keyword meta tag

"For best practice you just need to remember it's for matching - not ranking"

How is Yahoo! Search using the meta keywords tag?

Each keyword is an individual token separated by commas...For best practice you just need to remember it's for matching - not ranking...�laptop computers� will count for �laptop computers� and not �laptop� or �computers� separately.

Essentially this is a good place for synonyms & misspellings (I tend to have some of them in my copy anyway)...Each keyword phrase is unique and separated by commas, so you will not have set off a flag for laptops if you use a meta tag such as
<meta name="keywords" content="Yahoo! laptops, computer laptops, compaqt laptops, compak laptops">

but you will also want to get words such as "lap tops" and "compaqt lap tops" in your meta tags. Each version helps to get your file included in that specific subset of search results, but has no influence on rankings.

#4 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9018 posts

Posted 21 June 2007 - 09:47 AM

If only Yahoo! sent me decent amounts of traffic, then I would make this more of a priority.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users