and Conversion Web Design

Happy Fifth Birthday Cre8asite!

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_rustybrick_*

Guest_rustybrick_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 08:53 AM

Chatting with Bill and Kim last night at the Google Dance, when Kim said, tomorrow (which is now) is Cre8asite's 5th birthday.

Five years!

Wow!

Happy Birthday Cre8asite!

:wacko:

#2 JohnMu

JohnMu

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:08 AM

Wow, 5 years!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

John

#3 Respree

Respree

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5901 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:31 AM

How quickly time passes. I can't believe I've been here for three and a half of those five years.

Congratulations, all around. :cheers:

#4 Adrian

Adrian

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 5779 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:43 AM

Heh, yeah, I looked at my behind the posts post yesterday and thought perhaps I should update it, much as I'd like to still be 21!
Time flies when you're having fun :wacko:

Cheers to everyone who's been a part of it :)

#5 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9005 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:24 AM

:fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

:hapbday: :hapbday: :hapbday:

Surprise, surprise!! Well it was to me. I'd completely forgotten. :applause:

Have a great time everyone.

:wacko: :) :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

#6 lee.n3o

lee.n3o

Cre8asite Tech News Reporter

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1556 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:36 AM

Wow... 5 Years...

Heres to another 5 :wacko:

#7 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13469 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:51 AM

Thank you so much Barry for announcing this. Bill and I were cracking up that WE knew it was our 5th year but we had no time to tell everyone, so we started running around to our friends, trying to give them the scoop on the "story", ha ha.

We're having a BLAST in San Jose and getting many well wishes from SEO's there who are learning it's our birthday.

We're excited, proud and still surprised we're all still here :)

HUGS!! from San Jose

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :wacko: :) :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana: :hugsallround: :hugsallround: :hugsallround: :hugsallround: :hugsallround:

:infinite-banana:

#8 swainzy

swainzy

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3318 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

Happy Birthday Cre8 and many many more :hapbday: :wacko: :cheerleader: :fireworks:

Have a toast tonight in San Jose with friends and collegues!

This is a special forum, the best forum. :thumbs:
Cheers,
Donna

#9 eKstreme

eKstreme

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 3399 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:17 PM

Very nice landmark! Congratulations to the early believers who have stuck around all these years and thanks to the community that has made Cre8 an amazing place to learn and enjoy.

Pierre

#10 Guest_joedolson_*

Guest_joedolson_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:28 PM

Congratulations to us! Woo hoo!

Does this mean that we need to start school this fall? Blech... :wacko:

#11 bragadocchio

bragadocchio

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15634 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:29 PM

A big shoutout and thanks to everyone who has been part of Cre8asite Forums for the last five years.

You've helped make this place special, and a place that I want to return to everyday.

It's been a busy few days here in San Jose during the Search Engine Strategies conference, but we will be celebrating the fifth anniversary of the forums in full force..

The W3C still hasn't figured out the right transfer protocol to send beer or champagne across the Web or I'd buy you all a round. We will be toasting the forum's birthday tonight, and all of the wonderful folks who have made this the community that it is. Thank you for that.

Please join us in a toast.

Cheers

ps. If you are a forum member who usually only lurks, but visits on a regular basis, I hope that you will make a post in this thread, and say hello. We'd love to hear from you.

#12 yannis

yannis

Sonic Boom Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1634 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 12:51 PM

Congratulations firstly to the people that made this place possible and second to all the members that make me feel like home here.

... and some flowers :flowers: for Kim and a knock on my head :wacko: for me for not joining earlier!

Yannis

#13 qwerty

qwerty

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:09 PM

Congrats, Cre8! :flowers:

I don't get over here nearly as often as I'd like to. You've got a great, resourceful community over here.

#14 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 02:33 PM

I don't have time to write the fan mail this topic deserves, but I could not log off without thanking everyone for helping to make this community what it is.

To Kim, satisfied lurkers and everyone in between: thank you, thank you , thank you!!!

:hugsallround:

#15 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1542 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 03:30 PM

:cheers: :cheers: :applause: :applause: :) :infinite-banana:

Big congratulations Cre8asiteforums. :thumbs:

#16 DianeV

DianeV

• Hall Of Fame
  • 7216 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

Congratulations everyone — to the Cre8 team and to the community. This is truly a place one can feel a part of, and must visit every day.

Glad to hear that Kim and Bill are having a great time in San Jose.

#17 Brett_Tabke

Brett_Tabke

New To Community

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:39 PM

Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday to you...Happy birthday to you...

Even more important to me - is that I finally had the honor of meeting Kim this week! Having known her and talked with her going way back to the old web position forums in 98 - it is great to finally have met her.

Congrats on the anniversary and the forums. They are truely a gift and an asset to the community. I know how much work, blood, sweat, tears, and swear words have gone into it!

Heres to :cheers: 5 more!

Edited by Brett_Tabke, 23 August 2007 - 11:32 AM.

#18 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 05:49 PM

Happy Birthday, Dear Cre8
You Are Mighty
You Are Great
Here's to 5 years and 5 years more
Your mods and admins
know the score!

:flowers:

Miriam

#19 send2paul

send2paul

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2905 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

5 years old? Ye - ha! :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana: Congrats to one and all! :)

I'm so glad to have found Cre8asite myself a few years ago - as have many other folk who've joined our happy community, and have contributed in so many ways over the last five years.

Well done again to one and all! :thumbs:

#20 Kal

Kal

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:01 AM

My goodness! Five years, what a wonderful achievement. I'm so proud of Kim :fairygodmother: (our fairy godmother) and the admins and mods who work so hard on making this forum stand out from the copycats. I am always sending students here when they need a bit of extra help or want another opinion on things. The attitude here and professional assistance is a tribute to you all. Congratulations! :grouphug: :birthdaywish:

#21 Juliette

Juliette

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 11:38 AM

I know i'm late, but i had to just quickly say congratulations and thank you to everyone involved in the creation and maintenance of this site and i hope most of us will still be here when the 10 year anniversary rolls around.

(Sorry for no smiley's, this is just a driveby post)

#22 meriweather

meriweather

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

Wow, Happy Birthday Cre8asite - I guess I must have thought it had been here forever.
To all you who make this the best forum on the web, and that's all of you, thank you. :wave:

If you are a forum member who usually only lurks, but visits on a regular basis, I hope that you will make a post in this thread, and say hello. We'd love to hear from you.

Hum, I resemble that remark Bill. Wish there was a bit more time in the day, will see what I can do about increasing it. I miss some of the great back and forth discussions I've been involved in here, but I do get a chance to enjoy some of the ones that still go on, even if without me.

To the gr8test online community I've ever felt a part of :cheers:
Doc

#23 lee.n3o

lee.n3o

Cre8asite Tech News Reporter

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1556 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 02:19 PM

Hey Kim & Bill... I hope you are taking loads of photos while you're both partying working at the conference.. I like having a good nose through all the goings on over there

#24 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13469 posts

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:05 PM

Thanks again everyone. I wanted to give a shout out to Ammon, who is also a co-Admin here and helped launched these forums, and to Adrian, who came over from the old Cre8pc club when we converted to these forums. In other words, some of us go back really far now and I value not only the achievements we've all made as a community, but also the loyalty of the originators.

An announcement of our birthday was made during the WebmasterRadio Search Bash party last night to the whole crowd that was there. Bill and I obtained VIP status there because of it. (Which just meant we could go to the upstairs level.) It was fun to hear people in the crowd give the forums a huge cheer. I probably yelled the loudest.

We were also congratulated in person by many friends, community members and supporters from elsewhere such as Brett Tabke. Meeting Brett, finally, was a true pleasure. Esp. after all these years.

It's on my wish list to meet Ammon. We go back to 1998 or maybe earlier...I marvel at how relationships and friendships are made on the Internet and stand the test of time.

You ALL make these forums the gem that they are. We know you're special people and please know that I, personally, am deeply grateful to you all.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users