• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 9339 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:04 PM

Being an Administrator of this community has been a wonderful experience over the years.  I've (virtually) met so many interesting people.  I've been able to be a part of something truly immense and spectacular.  I've been able to be a small part in many people's lives here.  I don't regret a second of it.

However, I do feel a need to take an indefinite break.  

It is not an easy thing to walk away from such a great team.  But it is not my way to allow the team to carry me either. So I am stepping down as an Admin rather than take this break leaving the team and community hanging.

I want to take this opportunity to say a big "thank you" to all the folks who make this community.  To all those over the years who have been a part of this amazing place and its creative energy.  It has been an amazing journey.

:cheers:

#2 Ruud

Ruud

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 4887 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 11:34 PM

Ammon, thank you.

Thank you not only for your tremendous input here over the years, your opinions and questions, your slashing of spammers and your unbridled courage to call out hot air when you felt it -- but thank you for simply being you.

To tip your hat and say "I need to take a break" is simply another side of you I really like.

It is with utter certainty that I guarantee the doors will be open for you here whenever you come back in whatever form or function. Then again, it is with almost the same level of certainty that I feel that a goodbye phrased this way is more permanent than simply a temporary break.

It's good getting older; a change of priorities, a change in experiencing the things we value, is just one of the many things that ... well, change.

"Strange, isn't it? Each man's life touches so many other lives. When he isn't around he leaves an awful hole, doesn't he?"

#3 DianeV

DianeV

• Hall Of Fame
  • 7216 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 12:22 AM

I'm sorry to hear this, Ammon. I've quite enjoyed your input, and our very occasional telephone conversations. I'm hoping I'll see you around.

Take care, and best of everything in your future.

#4 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:44 AM

Thank you for being a great part of the forum, Ammon.

Can I expect that we'll still read your posts, since posting doesn't require an Admin status?

Edited by A.N.Onym, 16 September 2007 - 01:48 AM.

#5 lee.n3o

lee.n3o

Cre8asite Tech News Reporter

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1556 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 02:07 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooo
oooooooooo
oooooo
ooo
o

:)

Very sad to hear this as well... I really enjoy you're editing of certain posts that appear on here...

Can I expect that we'll still read your posts, since posting doesn't require an Admin status?

Thats exactly what I was thinking.... I hope you still stick around Ammon? Or is this the sign you are about to take the time to step into the Blogging scene?

Edited by lee.n3o, 16 September 2007 - 02:07 AM.

#6 JohnMu

JohnMu

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3518 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:24 AM

Thank you, Ammon, for all your posts here and the vast collection of wisdom that you've shared with us over the years! :cheers:

I wish you good luck on your next adventures, I hope we get to hear back from you from time to time.

John

#7 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9023 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:02 AM

Thanks for all you've done over the years, Ammon. You've helped create a community that is somewhat different. We'll still have the benefit of all the riches you have created during your tenure here. I hope it won't be a complete good-bye but that you will pass by from time to time to stay in touch.

All the best in your future endeavours.

#8 Nadir

Nadir

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:25 AM

Sorry to hear that, I hope we'll still see you around.

Thanks a lot for being such a great part of this community, and for providing us inspiration and guidance.

#9 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13644 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:53 AM

Even after several days to adjust to this, I still feel a strange mixture of selfish grief and immense joy and peace.

Grief, of course, because Ammon is part of the walls of these forums. And that won't change. His spirit thrives here and always will. He's brilliant. He's generous to a fault. In fact, I've been around a long time and can clearly state that Ammon Johns is THE most generous individual in all the SEO industry. He has offered more free advice, help, support, and at times, a personal shoulder to lean on than anyone else in the business.

He helped launched these forums and took a chance with me. He's watched my own growth and knowing he was there as a mighty, no nonsense force, was vital to that growth.

However, when you really care about someone, the best and only way to honor them is to rejoice in their journey and support them when they make difficult decisions. Even if it takes them where you can't follow.

It thrills me to know Ammon is doing something for Ammon :) I'm so pleased with this!

Ammon isn't going to help run this place but he is a marketer. He is a professional. He is gifted. He will go where he feels he is needed or can help. It could here. It could be anywhere. Maybe he would like to create something new and different somewhere. ;-)

Thank you for five years of volunteering here, Ammon.

Now, go have some FUN!!!!

:P :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana: :infinite-banana: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

:flyingcape: :flyingcape: :tropicaldrink: :tropicaldrink: :tropicaldrink: :tropicaldrink: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks: :fireworks:

:winner:

#10 send2paul

send2paul

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2908 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:00 AM

Ammon - thank you for everything here. You've been an inspiration and help to me, (and I'm sure to many others!), when I first joined Cre8asite, and then in your forum knowledge and educated deliberation on threads/events in the "back room".

Be good. Be cool. Be happy! :P :infinite-banana:

Paul

#11 eKstreme

eKstreme

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3400 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:03 AM

Ammon: There is a part of me that's really sad to see you leave. I always read your comments intently, and every time, I find an extra level of insight that's veiled behind your writing. And every time, I learn something(s) new. For all your help, a thousand thank yous!

Please stick around, and best of luck on your next adventure!

Pierre

#12 yannis

yannis

Sonic Boom Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1634 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 10:58 AM

Ammon

Thank you for teaching me that a good question is never answered. It is not a bolt to be tightened into place but a seed to be planted. I enjoyed everyone of your posts - and I hope we will still see you around here.

Yannis

#13 Mano70

Mano70

Mach 1 Member

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for all your valuable and thoughtful advices here, and I must say as A.N.Onym:

#14 Black_Knight

Black_Knight

• Hall Of Fame
  • 9339 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 01:16 PM

I have no idea about how often I may post once I'm away on my break, or whether perhaps some new medium of sharing my thoughts and experience may grasp my attention. Certainly, the tendency for most over the last couple of years seems to be to cultivate a blog, where one can retain complete ownership and control over one's writings, rather than to share and give all that work to a collaborative space.

I have said before, elsewhere, that I think the newer trends in Social Networking are actually far less social than much of what we preferred before. It is all walled gardens rather than commons. Whilst I can of course see the obvious benefits of blogging, and having visitors to one's own property, building one's own space without really sharing any ownership of it, I'm not sure that I want to take that route for myself.

Blogging is almost a form of selfish generosity in some ways. I'm more of an adherent to the motto "While we live, let us live!" Just as with my attitude to the role and responsibilities of moderating/admin of a forum, I just don't like half-measures. :P We'll see.

First that break is in order. Cre8asite is a monumental edifice, and I have personally placed a little over 9,000 bricks and timbers of its construction, in addition to time spent on overseeing some of the work of others. It has been an amazing project, thanks in no small part to every single person involved in it. But I do want a break from that responsibility and time-demands. I want to take a look at other ideas, and spend some time appreciating other plans.

I have a feeling there is still more that I can do. Other structures to build. Ways to inspire myself further, as well as inspire others. But even failing that, a bit of rest time isn't looking too bad either. :infinite-banana:

However, the bottom line is as simple as this: Can you even imagine being able to get me to shut up? :infinite-banana:

#15 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:31 PM

Oh, my! I was so sorry to read this. Ammon, I thank you most sincerely for your amazing help to me, personally. Your kindness in that long, long copywriting thread is something I will never forget. I'm still working on that, just so you know!

I will really miss your posts here, but so hope that whatever you do next will be fulfilling to you in new ways. Thank you, thank you for setting such a brilliant tone here at Cre8asite.

Kind Regards,
Miriam

#16 swainzy

swainzy

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3322 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 06:24 PM

Dear Ammon,

I am very sorry to hear you'll be leaving us and wish you the best in whatever you do next!

You have been unbelievably generous with your knowledge and help. It's really quite amazing. You have framed marketing and seo for me, even if I am a novice. I followed your every post.

Your intelligence and logic and humor are so wonderful and caught my attention right away. People like you are few and far between. I have so enjoyed your personality and great wit!

I will miss you much and hope that I will see you again sometime. I really enjoy this community and you've been a huge part of that.

Best Wishes,
Donna
:flowers:

#17 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 09:18 PM

Ammon, you are right, as always. It surely isn't wise to expect you to stop sharing your knowledge: it is the time and space of such a magnificent occurence that we'd appreciate to have an insight of :)

#18 Respree

Respree

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5901 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 11:21 PM

Of course, I echo all of the sentiments previously expressed. I'm not the least bit surprised at all of the kind words being said. Frankly, there are no other kinds to offer.

You've touched so many lives in unimaginable ways, and I feel like I'm a better person for having known you.

Cre8asite will continue to grow and evolve without you and although someone will eventually fill your role as Administrator, they can only succeed, but never replace, you.

Your clever wit, razor sharp intellect and overly generous contributions, will always be remembered.

You have my gratitude -- and my friendship.

I wish you the best in whatever the future holds in store for you.

You will always be welcomed back. This is your home, after all.

#19 BillSlawski

BillSlawski

• Hall Of Fame
  • 15644 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 01:16 AM

Thank you, Ammon.

You're a founder of the forums, an administrator from the day the site went online, a nurturer of its growth, a champion of its place in the industry, a creative force behind its direction, and one of the most prolific posters here. You've been a mentor and friend and peer to very many, a voice of knowledge and experience, and a leader whom we've all learned much from.

The forums will be different without your voice in the administrative area, and it has been a pleasure and an honor to share the administration of the forums with you.

Thank you deeply for your friendship, and for your guidance, and wit, and wisdom.

I'm looking forward to seeing you here as a member of the community that you've done so much to help build.

Again, Thanks.

#20 tamecrow

tamecrow

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:18 AM

I've been lurking here for well over two years now, and only registered recently but I'd like to thank Ammon for all his time and wonderful posts which have helped me no-end.

Thanks for everything, Ammon :)

#21 meriweather

meriweather

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 08:12 PM

Best of the best to you, Ammon  :cheers:  You were one of the first to make me feel welcome here, I'll always remember that; along with The most important discussion in the whole forum - (special thanks for not only spearheading the thread but also pointing it out to me).

See you around - hopefully.

Doc

#22 Kal

Kal

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 12:27 AM

I can't say it any better than everyone above me has already, so I'll just say HAVE A WONDERFUL BREAK and don't take that laptop with you! :disco2:

#23 ukdaz

ukdaz

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 08:20 AM

Two words:

Top Bloke.

Daz

PS Enjoy your retirement Ammon... :)

#24 sanity

sanity

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6889 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 05:03 PM

All the best Ammon.

#25 kensplace

kensplace

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1497 posts

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:00 AM

Just found this thread!

I too would like to repeat and reinforce what has already been said, I hope you enjoy your break, and find
lots of excitement in your chosen future directions.

You have been a excellent admin, a great asset on the forum, and a great bloke to boot, I have not met many people on the forums in real life, but I have met you - and your every bit as great as people say! Your wisdom is wisely written, and you have a good way of explaining things.

I even have still have the old dooyoo t-shirts from way back when!

Best of luck in your future!

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users