• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saschaeh

saschaeh

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1026 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 08:54 AM

For example if i want to check which is better child-friendly or family-friendly.

What is the best way to go about this? what tools or methods do you guys use?

#2 sanity

sanity

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6889 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 07:22 PM

In a PPC campaign I'd track both and measure the number of search queries for each, the click through rates for each and most importantly, the conversion rates for each.

#3 saschaeh

saschaeh

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1026 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:10 AM

ok how do you know what they search for in the first place? i think this is more relevant in SEO... oops

#4 rhianna

rhianna

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 12:26 AM

Your question would be more relevant in a SEO sub forum, but since you asked here I'll suggest:
http://tools.seobook...eneral/keyword/

#5 victor363

victor363

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 04:16 AM

I second Rhiana's recommendation of the SEObook keyword research tool - it's one of the best one's out there (even though it's broken half of the time). Keep in mind that the results you get from it are an overestimate since it doesn't account for people performing multiple searches on the same query.
If there is one piece of advise I can give, it is to canvas your market with as many different keyword research tools as possible...... you can learn so much from it :)

which is better child-friendly or family-friendly

Let us know what you find out :)

#6 earlpearl

earlpearl

Hall of Fame

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1598 posts

Posted 25 October 2007 - 11:21 AM

The beauty of ppc research is that you will see precise comparisons. Use exact phrase in G. That is the closest to precision you will see.

The beauty of the seo-book analysis is that you will get a broad scale look at an enormous volume of data.

In either case you will have to test to make your own determinations.

I was so excited recently to see both very high rankings at Y! for my #1 industry term and then a variety of 2ndary terms with all of them showing in the top 3 serps at high and enough traffic to try and develop some estimates about what is popular and how they rank. Then I bemoaned the fact that I spent a lot of time optimizing over a year or two for some other 2ndary phrases. The other phrases turn out to be both less popular and convert at a dramatically lower rate.

Then I realized and learned that the time spent on testing was a lesson in its own right and knowledge was gained by testing for phrases that turned out to be less effective. Testing over time provides you with wonderful insights.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users