3 replies to this topic

#1 bretheartbobby

bretheartbobby

New To Community

• Banned
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 03:58 AM

hey all,
Ive been fighting with myself as to whether i should leave adsense on my site or not. I promote a affiliate programs, and am afraid that adsense will merely take away potential customers leaving me with only pennies.
any suggestions or ideas?

#2 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13551 posts

Posted 13 November 2007 - 07:28 AM

From a strictly usability perspective, if you want people to stay on your site and purchase YOUR services or products, than ads for other products or services in the middle of click paths intended to convert for your benefit (not the off-site ads) aren't logical.

If your revenue is strictly on ad sales, and you don't sell anything separately, than AdSense and other ad programs are the way to go, but you still have to provide a recent for anyone to come to the site, stay long enough to see something they want, bookmark it for a return trip and recommend it others.

#3 ryan5billion

ryan5billion

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:35 PM

If you've got ads on your site that are going
to produce larger profits (which obviously
you do) I think I would just try and drive my
leads to those ads, and drop the Adsense.

#4 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5439 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 07:57 PM

To get the real answer to this question, you must try both methods and also vary the locations, formats and types of ads that appear on your site. And, if you want to attract links, you must do those in a way that does not damage the experience of visitors on your site - which will likely lower your income.

I have pages on my site that have been formatted, reformatted and reformatted up to twenty times, each trying to come a little closer to an income level and experience that balances the goals of income and user experience. I don't think that you ever get there and if you are serious about chasing this you will still have lots of untested ideas.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users