• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 send2paul

send2paul

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2905 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:16 AM

Yuwie is a new social networking site where, all the videos say, you get paid for doing all the social networking activity - inviting friends, page views, (the more content - pics, videos etc you have - the more the page view etc).

Basically, on the outside, (because I've not joined it), it looks quite intriguing. I was wondering if anyone has come across Yuwie yet, or has had any experience of it?

#2 iamlost

iamlost

The Wind Master

• Site Administrators
  • 4567 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:39 AM

If you just love MLM then Yuwie is the SM site for you. Better yet, get some friends to join and game the system to minor riches while patting each other on the back.

Much of the initial 'population' seemed to be refugees or vacationers from MySpace. The latest influx are greedy folks obviously just there for the money causing some nasty squabbles and hints of new restrictions. The current (young) internet money-grubber really has no idea of how to keep a low profile.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, (pick your side) there seems to be little re-investment so the servers are grinding slower every week.

#3 storyspinner

storyspinner

• Hall Of Fame
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 08:36 AM

Yes, I've heard of them - iamlost is right, basically a MLM (multi level marketing) or Pyramid scam, but disguised as a social media site. The more friends you get, the more "money" you could receive.

I'm always leery of any social media site that proclaims to "pay" it's participants. It just reeks of bribery in a way, and really isn't in the true spirit of social media - uninhibited conversation and sharing.

#4 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 09:18 AM

Li, as far as I know, Propeller used to pay scouts, right? What do you think of that?

Edited by A.N.Onym, 26 November 2007 - 09:18 AM.

#5 storyspinner

storyspinner

• Hall Of Fame
  • 184 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:12 AM

Propeller (formerly netscape) is a different social media model than Yuwie.

Propeller's "paid" folks are users that basically act as its moderators, Propeller pays them for their time, not for everything that they do on the site. It doesn't matter how many friends they have, or get to join Propeller, nor does it matter how many stories they submit a day, or whether or not they go hot.

I don't see a problem with it at all, it actually holds the Propeller mods to a lot higher standards than the bury brigade over at Digg. :)

Edited by storyspinner, 26 November 2007 - 10:14 AM.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users