3 replies to this topic

#1 sctvlk

sctvlk

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:37 AM

Hello Everyone,
I am new to this forum and PPC in general. I have found a lot of information on SEO and PPC, but I am looking for more advanced information on PPC and I'm trying to lessen my chances of getting suckered by someone trying to make a quick buck selling nothing but basic information (I've read PPC for dummies already). For example, I have heard google has an adwords certification does this certification really hold any weight in the industry? More specifically, I am looking for information on PPC, but am open to anything that will help me become a more knowledgeable SEM.

Thanks,
sctvlk

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5477 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:32 AM

To pass the certification exam you need to earn a 75% out of 100% on their exam.

That means you can pass the exam with a 25% error rate.

Would you want someone who has a 25% error rate spending your money in a highly competitive environment? Would you call a person who has mastered 75% of the knowledge a "professional"?

I would like to see the minimum passing score increased to 95%. I think that most people would work very hard to earn it and thus provide better service. They would be true Professionals.

With a 75% passing score the certification means very little to me.

#3 send2paul

send2paul

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2908 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

Hello sctvlk and welcome to the Cre8asite forums and community :)

Whilst not answering your queries directly, I would suggest that you search the archives here at Cre8asite for discussions on this subject, as I'm sure you'll find some useful gems in there.

Paul

p.s. if you want to, come and say a few words about yourself in the Introduce Yourself forum, and maybe have chat in After Hours ?

#4 Thejspot

Thejspot

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 09:39 PM

I would like to see the minimum passing score increased to 95%.

I agree with this, but the test needs to change. A huge proportion of the questions in the exam (and study material) is designed to make you a good customer for Google NOT to make you good at AdWords.

A lot of the questions are about when you have to pay Google, and how to spend more money etc... The test and study really don't focus that much on how to make you good at AdWords.

So... I would be looking at some other things. I would be look for an AdWords certified company. This means that someone from Google has actually looked at the reporting the company produces, their etihics, their client management as said "this company does the right thing".

Anyone can go and do the test (with a second browser open) and completely cheat. It means nothing. I would also be looking for the person or company you're approaching to tell you some of their clients, some accounts they manage, ask for testomonials, ask them how many accounts and how much money they manage with Google per month. This will give you a much better idea than looking for the "Certification" for an AdWords professional.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users