1 reply to this topic

#1 sctvlk

sctvlk

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:56 PM

Hello,
I'm taking over a paid search campaign that has just been brought in house after a 3rd party had been managing it. The organization has over 30,000 keywords. They sell health supplements and have a large amount of products, but all of the products are listed in about 16 different ad groups. Leaving each ad group with large amounts keywords and each keyword is a different product.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this? My first thought and obstacle is how to organize all these keywords (i.e different products) into smaller ad groups and do this in an efficient manner.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

#2 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

From an advertising effectiveness standpoint, it'd be best to have tightly focused ad groups with targeted keywords/ads. However, given the scale, this might take a while, so it may not be that efficient.

If you use the syntax to place the keywords in the ads (which I suspect you already do), you can only group keywords by the ads you create for them, which promises fewer ad groups and much less ad-writing (or not). I haven't tried this approach, but it seems logical to at least consider this possibility.

Surely someone with more PPC experience could weigh in on this matter.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 07 February 2008 - 12:20 AM.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users