4 replies to this topic

#1 Nick_W

Nick_W

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:32 PM

Hi all, long time no post :)

I need to get up to speed with Adwords in a hurry. I've never used them, despite being a bit long in the tooth with Search stuff in general...

The competition isn't particularly fierce, but I would like to feel confident that I was "doing it right". So.... Can anyone recommend an online resource, or ebook that's up to date and complete?

Many thanks for your thoughts!

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5416 posts

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:42 PM

I got a lot out of reading..... "Search Engine Advertising: Buying Your Way to the Top to Increase Sales" by Catherine Seda. The reading got heavy for me about 1/2 way into the book, but I kept going and reread a lot of it two or three times. In the end it was a great use of my time.

I also read... "Low Cost Strategies for Attracting New Customers Using Google, MSN, Yahoo & Other Search Engines" by Boris Mordkovich. Got a few ideas from it that I have used over and over.

Reading and study can help a lot but there is no substitute for blowing a load of dough and not selling anything.

#3 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 12:19 AM

You can check "AdWords System Exposed" by the Mind Valley guys. They research and experiment with improving AdWords effectiveness, often providing real gems.

#4 Nick_W

Nick_W

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:07 AM

Thanks guys, Im definately learning on the job. It doesnt seem so hard just to get some clicks and work on tightening relevancy at the ad impression and conversion on the landing page but like I said, it's hardly a competitive niche.

Some searches kept turning up Perry Marshall's pdf books. I remember him from years back but have never read anything he's written.. thoughts?

#5 RisaBB

RisaBB

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1437 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:59 AM

Hi Nick,

I got up to speed quickly at the AdWords Learning Center. I think I did the first 3 or 4 modules to get me going. It really does seem overwhelming at first and I was sure I was going to hire someone to run the campaign for me, but once you understand how it works and understand about setting up different campaigns depending on the keywords and landing pages you are targeting, you'll get the hang of it.

Risa

Edited by RisaBB, 10 March 2008 - 09:03 AM.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users