2 replies to this topic

#1 projectphp

projectphp

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3935 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 07:14 PM

http://www.techcrunc...irst-two-weeks/

Salon got so excited about a February 28 link from the Yahoo home page to this story that they issued a press release - they had 1 million unique visitors that day, the most ever to the 12 year old site...
Yahoo is still ramping up the number of links it puts on the home page from Buzz, and is being careful about the potential to flat out nuke websites with all the traffic they can send. But it’s clear that a link from Yahoo.com blows away anything Digg or any other competitor can offer. That will keep the Buzz publishers, who must be invited into the service, paying attention.

Interesting times! I wonder what the potential of a Yahoo home page link will do to the Digg style sites?

#2 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:45 PM

I suspect it'll as hard to get on the front page of Yahoo Buzz, let alone Yahoo, than on Digg's homepage, as the traffic these sites provide is different. Digg provides 5-30k at best, Yahoo drove 1mil/day. Note the difference :)

As such, you can see the sources they have chosen to display at the moment.

I am not saying it won't be impossible to front page on Yahoo, it'll require significant effort (I'd say 2-4 weeks would be normal).

Then again, Yahoo clearly has a different audience, than Digg - let alone other niche sites, which topics Yahoo doesn't cover, so I don't see problems for those sites at all.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 20 March 2008 - 11:47 PM.

#3 zero_digit

zero_digit

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 05:22 AM

wow that's a great stuff, they are sure fighting google for the number spot...

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users