• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JayLane

JayLane

New To Community

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 10:08 AM

I used Google's URL builder to generate a unique tracking ID for an advertising campaign. Basically, end users type in a URL and are redirected to a subdirectory on our client's Web site. When the URL redirects it points to www.clientdomain.com/directory/index.htm?utm_source=rmadcom&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=rmad_2008.

Google Analytics is capturing all of the traffic from that campaign. That part seems to be working just fine. The problem I'm having is that visits to the page are much higher than the number of actual page views. I wanted to use the tracking code to determine how many people are typing in the domain rather than just going to www.clientdomain.com/index.htm directly.

For the last week, I'm getting 141 visits and only 68 page views. Shouldn't these numbers be reversed? Has anyone else had this problem? I would think that these numbers would be a whole lot closer. I don't know how to explain having more visits than page views. Maybe they're leaving as soon as they see the redirect?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jay

Edited by JayLane, 24 March 2008 - 10:09 AM.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users