• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 A.N.Onym

A.N.Onym

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Invited Users For Labs
  • 4003 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:52 PM

Though the most important question seems to be 'how to start a non profit organization', a matter of promoting it to raise more funds and money to help the cause is even more crucial.

Thus, I'd like to start a single thread, where leaders of nonprofit and charity organizations can find resources to make their organization more visible. Obviously, you are supposed to contribute a link or two that will help them in this direction.

I'd like to start with a single article that Bill Slawski and I have authored some time ago. It is about creating, improving and promoting a charity website. Having a great website is one of the easiest and - most importantly for a non-profit organization - cheapest ways to get noticed and get real results.

How to Create, Improve and Promote a Charity Website

In short, it is about:
- having an easy to use website (including a very easy, simple and compelling way to donate the money)
- building a community around the website with a forum, a blog or a social site of sorts
- creating valuable content to get more visitors, readers, word of mouth and to help build the community

Of course, there are other ways of promoting a nonprofit, both offline and online, so let's list these ways here.

Edited by A.N.Onym, 20 April 2008 - 11:48 PM.

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5418 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:15 PM

Bloggers in your theme might be winning to feature the organization in a post. That will result in some links to the website and some (hopefully) positive attention.

If it is a popular cause you might have informative articles on the site and a "badge" that can be posted on blogs and websites that support you. The badge would invite people to the organization's website.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users