Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

How Many People Are Signed Up To My Rss?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 saschaeh

saschaeh

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1026 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 11:38 AM

I been searching around and had a look at the wordpress plugin but could not find anything that allowed me to see how many people have signed up to the feed?

#2 Guest_joedolson_*

Guest_joedolson_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

Best option is probably to use Feedburner and the FeedSmith plugin to redirect your native Wordpress Feeds to your Feedburner source. The FeedSmith plugin is provided by Feedburner, so you should be able to find it on their site --- I'm not sure, off hand, where it's located.

Feedburner, (owned by Google,) gives you a wide array of statistics on use and subscriptions to your feeds, in addition to providing a number of additional tools.

Feedburner

#3 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9012 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:08 PM

Many people use Feedburner. If people subscribe to your RSS feed using this, then they will be counted in the Feedburner stats. I find the numbers somewhat variable particularly at weekends. However I don't know of any other source for stats. Perhaps others can suggest alternative ways of capturing the data.

#4 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5462 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:09 PM

I went to feedburner, set up an account and gave them the feed URL. Now when anyone clicks the chicklet to my feed they get all of the feedburner options. I also offer daily email messages that contain my feed info - also done by feedburner. Lots of people overlook the email option because they feel that email of a feed is not very cool... however, it has been very popular with my visitors and I now have over 1300 people getting the daily email.

My personal theory, and lots of people will disagree, is that google bought feedburner not because they want to offer a cool service but because they want to know which websites have feeds that get lots of subscribers, have active posting, etc. So, my bet is that it might be in the google algo.

#5 saschaeh

saschaeh

Time Traveler Member

• 1000 Post Club
  • 1026 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

my bet is that it might be in the google algo.

Very interesting point, makes sense.

Edited by saschaeh, 23 April 2008 - 01:35 PM.

#6 Guest_Autocrat_*

Guest_Autocrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

[Sorry - just got to comment - how funny is that! All a minute apart too!]

I suggest you go to FeedBurner!

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users