• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 surrealillusions

surrealillusions

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:43 PM

How do you go about writing a terms and conditions where people need to agree to them before registering/using a site?

Is there some sort of guide on what to write? I know it will vary depending on what type of site it is, but if its something like ebay and amazon, where people are buying stuff from other people and the like, does this make it more complicated and is it best to consult a lawyer about it? Or is is enough to use those sites t's and c's as a guide on what to write (without blatenly copying them).

:)

#2 Guest_Autocrat_*

Guest_Autocrat_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2008 - 05:54 PM

If it's serious (i.e. a business or involves transactions) it's more than worth get a legal to look at it.
That said, there is little harm in you researching and locating examples - the least you will get is a headache and better udnerstanding... the best is a real find with some clever bits in!

If you do a search on here, there should be several ssimilar topics.. some with references/resources/links in, (as well as some with some good ideas in as well).

#3 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5481 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 06:03 PM

I think that you can say anything you want in them. Nobody reads them... so demand anything! Or you can pay big bucks to an attorney to CYA. Neither of those will do, I guess if you are a hobby site but if you are seriously into business the attorney would be best.... so, I like your idea of going to a few established sites in your theme (who because of their stature you know would do everything very properly) and seeing how they handle this.

Edited by EGOL, 23 April 2008 - 06:04 PM.

#4 fisicx

fisicx

Sonic Boom Member

• Hall Of Fame
  • 1886 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 03:09 AM

If you are in the UK, the business link website has a set of Sample Internet policies and notices you can use.

If you are not in the UK then they still may be of some use o you.

#5 surrealillusions

surrealillusions

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 24 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

yeah i am in the uk, or at least i think so...that big yellow thing in the sky has made me think otherwise ;) :D

Thanks for the link fisicx, its definatly useful. And the other advice from everyone else.

:)

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users