Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Any Better Way Than The Local Search Engines!

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 justin007

justin007

New To Community

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:06 AM

Hi, I am engaged in a KPO and need to dig out the web for various projects that my clients offer. I know that we do have options of search engines but does anyone know anything better than a search engine like may be any software that can do some advanced searching rather than the basic search. I think that there are many outside there that may be searching for such a thing.

Thanks in advance!!!

#2 projectphp

projectphp

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3935 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 01:10 AM

???!??!!?

#3 SEOigloo

SEOigloo

• Hall Of Fame
  • 2100 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:44 AM

Like Project PHP, I'm not quite catching your drift.

Are you asking about software for an internal search engine function on a client's site?

If so, I'm not sure what to recommend, but many people use Google's search function within their websites in order to have a site search function in place.

Please, perhaps you can clarify your needs for us? We'd like to help you.

#4 eKstreme

eKstreme

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 3399 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 03:50 AM

I'm going to do a wild guess here as I too am uncertain to what you're asking.

Try hakia.com, medline.cognition.com, and labs.powerset.com. Depending on what you want, one of them will work.

For computer search try Terrier from Glasgow University.

For automated web searching, try the Google API, the Yahoo! API, and on Macs, something called Devonagent Search (IIRC that's its name).

Otherwise, please tell us more.

Pierre

#5 zero_digit

zero_digit

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:28 AM

yeah try search engines API(application programming interface), i think this would do it...

#6 projectphp

projectphp

• Hall Of Fame
  • 3935 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 02:46 AM

FYI: This post was part of a terribly "sophisticated" tag team link drop. The old "nonsensical first post followed by an answer that makes less snese" routine.

But you know what? Tthis thread shows what I think is great about this forum: the answers are still superb!

So back it goes, and rest assured that Justin007 from India has had his/her account disabled :)

#7 matt.bush

matt.bush

Unlurked Energy

• Banned
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 May 2008 - 03:01 AM

Not sure if Justin007 is still around (or legit, lol) but to throw in my two cents:

Searching social sites can be a refreshing way to get new results and find new resources. Being that it is driven by actual humans, it can mix things up a bit.

Matt

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users