• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 thau818

thau818

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:07 PM

So I canceled my advertising on Yahoo and they took me off the site completely.
I was listed on page 1 in search result and was paying about $75 per month which I thought was no longer necessary.
I never thought the ad had a 100% relationship with me being on page one.
So I started up the ad again -any other suggestions?

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5187 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 06:53 PM

What service were you paying for exactly? Pay for inclusion? I've not heard anyone else complaining of this.

#3 thau818

thau818

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:25 PM

I was paying to be in the "sponsor result", when I saw that my site was in page one at number 4, I figured that I no longer need to spend the $ to be in the Sponsor result and I canceled, within 2 days, I was no longer in page 1 or2 or anywhere...so I grudgingly called to restart my account.

#4 Respree

Respree

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5901 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:35 PM

Did you return to your #4 position after you reinstated your account?

#5 thau818

thau818

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 07:51 PM

It was just reinstated an hour or so ago, I will be watching.

#6 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5187 posts

Posted 23 May 2008 - 08:38 PM

Here's what I do....

I hold lots of #1 positions in the organic SERPs.... but I still bid on PPC and bid aggressively. You can hold #1 and #2 in the organic results and your competitor can still get your sales by bidding to get top listing in the PPC. So, I bid on PPC to displace them and try to hog ALL of the sales and starve them out. Make they think that they will not earn much in your SERPs instead of leaving PPC wide open. I consider lots of KWs to be MINE and nobody is going to horn in on my sales unless they are willing to pay. If you make it hard for them some will back off. You might be able to make great profit on the PPC sales and if you sell more by doing both you have the advantage of sales above fixed costs.

PPC allows you to present another offer that is different from the title in your organic listing. Something that is a surprise to the searcher and that could not be promoted to the top because of optimization limitations.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users