Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Refunding Customers Who Decide To Opt Out.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kneelsit

kneelsit

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:16 AM

Hi Gang,

Sorry about the very long absence. My wife died in mid 1955 and I have only just now felt like coming back into society and mixing again. I guess you could say the incident of having someone wanting to take over our European market has had a positive influence, since it has brought me back to the forums seeking help and advice.

What is the legal position of us allowing a buyer who is well established in the U.K. in the kneeling stools market setting up a mirror site with material from our main site? We would be selling to him in container loads for the U.K. and European markets since our principal sales are Australia, USA and Asia. He has already bought the domain kneelsit.co.uk.

Should we insist on him NOT using any of our website material as this could cause problems with a duplicate penalty? OR ?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Greg

#2 EGOL

EGOL

Professor

• Hall Of Fame
  • 5483 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 12:44 PM

I don't know what the legal situation would be. You should ask an attorney.

A few comments about websites and domains....

1) I think that he should surrender kneelsit.co.uk to you if you hold trademark to it. That could be a condition of being your distributor. He could use the domain for promoting your product but ownership and control resides with you.

2) If his pages are hosted in the UK, my bet is that in a dupe content situation, his pages would not be filtered in Google UK but your pages might be. In the US your pages might have an advantage if hosted here and your domain was stronger than his.

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users