• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9011 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:31 AM

If you're into letting the world know what's happening to you (via Twitter, Plurk, identi.ca or whatever), you'll probably find Kwippy is really great. You can write more than 140 characters if you need to, and you can have conversations via comments in a plurk-like way.

I highly recommend it. Try it, you'll like it. :D

#2 eKstreme

eKstreme

Hall of Fame

• 1000 Post Club
  • 3399 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 08:46 AM

Allowing more than 140 characters is not a competitive advantage (i.e. won't kill twitter) and not compelling enough for me to move.

What else does it have?

P

#3 bwelford

bwelford

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 9011 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 09:10 AM

Well the comments feature is very appealing I find, Pierre. Twitter is a minimal tool that lacks a lot of functionality.

However the real test is not functionality. It depends where all your friends hang out. That's what will determine which one wins.

#4 phaithful

phaithful

Light Speed Member

• Members
  • 800 posts

Posted 14 August 2008 - 11:47 AM

However the real test is not functionality. It depends where all your friends hang out. That's what will determine which one wins.

I'll second that statement.

I've seen many "cool" web apps / products come and go. Many with better functionality and implementations than their predecessors. But the additional value proposition was never enough to drive a critical mass.

#5 tripstar

tripstar

Ready To Fly Member

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 11:00 AM

I'm enjoying Rejaw lately - and hey using Ping.fm to update them all is just waaaay too easy :)

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users