No replies to this topic

#1 cre8pc

cre8pc

Dream Catcher Forums Founder

• Admin - Top Level
  • 13602 posts

Posted 16 August 2008 - 12:35 PM

We should get an award for keeping this a secret as well as we have, LOL

Our long time Site Admin, Sophie Wegat, and her lovely and talented (I mean awesome!) photographer husband, Raoul, are expecting a baby boy in a few weeks!!!

:kicking: :kicking: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :band: :grouphug: :bounce: :iloveu:
We're excited as heck for them. We LOVE this couple. They're warm, fun, professional in their business, and we're honored to have them as part of our Cre8tive Family.

They not only have a bub on the way, but are rolling out a newly designed site for Think Prospect soon.

There will be two interviews featuring this couple and their web design business as well. We'll announce them when they're posted.

In the meantime, rather than post Sophie's Moderator interview in our 6th Anniv. Celebration thread, I thought it fitting to give our mother-to-be her own special place.

And yes, she's still working and taking on new clients!!! We can't say enough about her talent and expertise. If you're looking for SEO, Usability or web dev help, this is the company to inquire with.

1. If you can remember, how did you first learn about Cre8asiteforums?
From Peter Da Vanzo I think. I was a moderator at I help You which focused on SEO and I was thrilled to find a place that took a holistic approach to building websites.

2. Do you participate in other forums? (Okay to link)
Not really. I drop into Webmaster World and High Rankings from time to time but mainly post at Cre8.

3. Do you think forums are useful in your work or personal life? If so, how?
I love the social side of the forums but these days I think being so far away can be a disadvantage at times. Having said that I've found the support at cre8, especially over the last 18 months amazing. From a work perspective it's brilliant. I get to learn and share with others who have the same passions and frustrations.

4. What are your favorite topics covered at Cre8asiteforums?
Site Planning and Design, Usability, Business Issues.

5. Be honest. When you first were admitted to the “BackRoom”, what was your first reaction?
OMG. It was so serious and there was so much discussion. But I like that - we treat the place and our members with respect.

6. Was this reaction before or after we released our (sssshhh, don’t tell anyone what we do) and the hazing process?
Hehe I think I helped start the hazing process. :)

7. Feel free to tell us about yourself, your work, and your passions. You can provide up to three links, including your own projects.
My hubby and I run a web design business - we're just about the launch our new site. We've been doing this since 1994 and I still love to help businesses succeed online.

We're also about to have a baby so that's probably where a lot of my focus is right now.

8. What astrological sign are you?
A Leo, can't you tell?

9. What are your favorite social networking web sites that you find most useful in your work or play?
Gosh I don't spend a lot of time on any to be honest. I do Twitter from time to time.

10. What, in your opinion, make a new Cre8tive Member stand out?
Someone who is enthusiastic and wants to learn and share.

Fun Stuff

1. How many towns have you lived in?
4, and that's stretching it.

2. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Probably red - a bluey red not an orangy red.

3. What did you want to be when you were little?
A Tennis player. Sad but true.

4. Are you a morning person or a night person?
Morning.

5. Where would you retire to?
Hmmm. I love where I am now but could definitely see myself in the country down the track.

[Kim's Note: Sophie is in charge of the special little creatures we let loose in the "backroom" whenever a new Moderator is brought in. If a new moderator isn't scared off, we know they'll survive the place :)]

RSS Feed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users