Cre8asiteforums Internet Marketing
and Conversion Web Design

Photo

Internet Explorer On A Mac - Is It Not Available - How To Test?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 pateeg

pateeg

Gravity Master Member

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 04:15 PM

Hi,

I found this bit in my search to upgrade my IE, "Internet Explorer for Mac was discontinued some years ago. You're better off with Safari or Firefox." I am on Mac OS X.4.11

How can I test my web designs for IE users?

pateeg

#2 sanity

sanity

Honored One Who Served Moderator Alumni

• Hall Of Fame
  • 6889 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:31 PM

Pateeg have you tried Parallels - it's a Windows emulator you can run under Mac OSX. I use it to test all our sites on IE.

More info from Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia....Desktop_for_Mac

Edited by sanity, 18 August 2008 - 06:32 PM.

#3 _jc

_jc

Whirl Wind Member

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

You can review your site at various resolutions and on different operating systems at:
http://www.crossbrowsertesting.com/ A Google search on "browser testing" will show many others.

#4 Guest_joedolson_*

Guest_joedolson_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2008 - 07:51 PM

Using IE 5.2 for Mac as a basis to determine whether a site is compatible with IE isn't really going to get you very far - there are sufficient differences between IE 5.2 and any other version of IE in regular use such that it's pretty well losing battle to do that.

Definitely go with Parallels, buy a cheap PC, or use a service like crossbrowsertesting.com. They're all quite effective.

#5 DTalbot

DTalbot

Unlurked Energy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 06:14 PM

not too sure if this is too off topic or not but, i run windows vista x64 and actually prefer Safari I just find it more user friendly and a little more organised

#6 AbleReach

AbleReach

Peacekeeper Administrator

• Site Administrators
  • 6467 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:36 PM

I am a fan of browsershots.

After a while you get a sense of what browsers are likely to be the pickiest, and aim for keeping them happy. Keep them happy, and the others fall in line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users